V3 of Manfred's C47 now available...

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: V3 of Manfred's C47 now available...

Post by DaveG »

It's up on Flightsim.com as well now.
Dave G.

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

They're 'avin a larf Dave. Click on the download, and where does it take you? Back to SOH!!!!!

:rant:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

:doh: You're right. I'd assumed it was It was in their library. 8) Appologies. :worried:
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Just had a quick go with it. Two things:

It flies beautifully. One of the nicest flight models I've ever come across. :thumbsup:

The A.I. seems to show the aircraft nose down, when flying level. When the A.I. shows level flight, the nose is up by about 10 to 15 degrees. Anybody else seeing this ?

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Not seeing anything at all. Been trying solidly for an hour this morning. Lost count of the number of times I tried yesterday between 08.00 and 23.00.

I did manage to post a message on SOH forum this morning, and then I got the busy message again.

:wall:
Last edited by 511Flyer on 23 Jul 2016, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Just popped over there, straight in and download started no problem. :dunno:
Dave G.

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

I was getting the "waiting for sim-outhouse message" so I decided to let it run while I was in the shower. When I got out, lo and behold, there it sat on my screen! I then decided to leave it until after breakfast, so I turned it off.

When I got back, I looked in my downloads folder and it wasn't there. I searched high and low in that folder, and there was no sign of it. Getting desperate now, I searched FSX, not there. Eventually, because I had seen the thing with my own weary eyes, I searched this computer. Well, I found it. Although I use a paid for downloader, SOH had downloaded it and buried it deep where I wouldn't expect it to be. C:\Users\My name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetcache\IE\ORUUGY50. Why?

As if I wasn't stressed enough, I now have to take herself to town shopping. The C47 will have to wait for me now.

:doh:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I've been in a couple of times today. I say 'in' but on the second attempt, I got as far as clicking on the FSX forum before I got the Server Busy message (this just a minute ago). Knowing what a popular model the C47 was going to be and the strain it would put on the server, I really do think it was folly to open it up to the wider world (FSCom) and linking the download back to SoH :wall: Why the hell not upload the model there to take the strain off the server?? :dunno:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Doesn't help having a front page announcement on both Avsim & Flighsim.com either. 8)
Expect another "bandwidth drive" to help with expenses soon!
I can understand just hosting the model at SOH, as it is still a beta and more control can be had over it. Luckily I got it first attempt, just not had chance to fly it yet, other than a quick look last night.
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup.. I'd presumed it was only going out at SoH as it's listed as a beta but the point is.. once it leaves SoH, anything can and probably will happen to it. When the time comes.. having a file pulled from Flightsim.com is almost as easy as the admins pulling it from SoH.
I'll be keeping my head down come bandwidth topup time :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!