V3 of Manfred's C47 now available...

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: V3 of Manfred's C47 now available...

Post by Nigel H-J »

Well I finally got round to installing this beauty and Wow!! it even shakes and rattles as it sits there with the engines running. This is nothing short of brilliant! :welldone:

Those developers certainly have done a brilliant job though have to admit I did have a few problems when I first taxied out from the gate......went straight through arrivals and departures and out through the side entrance writing off two Ryanairs' parked at the gates. :$

Now I have learnt the art of taxying and turning just using the engines rather than having 2 seperate levers for the brakes on my quadrant but still had one problem.. On approach to an airfield there was a loud bang and had both engines catch fire, unfortunately I had not read the manual fully so could not find the extinguishers but still got down safely.

This is one of the best a/c for FSX that I have ever had and cannot get enough flying in it.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

by Nigel H-J » 03 Aug 2016, 20:32
Well I finally got round to installing this beauty and Wow!! it even shakes and rattles as it sits there with the engines running. This is nothing short of brilliant! :welldone:

Even without Accufeel, eh?
The A2A Ga aircraft do that, too. Good to see it popping up elsewhere!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Virtavia's first release as Virtavia.. the BN2, has been shaking for years. Hope the real ones aren't so rattly though I've a feeling they are! :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

I've only just got around to installing this today. Having JustFlight's DC-3/C47, I hadn't been in too much of a hurry to try it.
What a mistake! I'm absolutely blown away. I've only managed a few circuits so far, but this has so much to offer.
Hats off to Manfred Jahn and his crew for such an incredible model.

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Finished flying for first time the new version 3.12 of Jahn DC-3/C-47 on FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2, and everything went very well during flight from CYHY to CYZF but the taxi turns were difficult and impossible to make turns. However, there are instructions on manual book to modify turns so I am trying to tackle on modifying the aircraft.cfg according to Jahn's instructional manual on C-47.

Amazing plane and AMAZING cockpit quality. I must repeat AGAIN that this is SERIOUS and AMAZING payware quality in this freeware add on plane!!

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Nigel H-J wrote:On approach to an airfield there was a loud bang and had both engines catch fire but still got down safely.
How in the heck did it happen and how did your engines catch fire? Do you have screenshot for that?

Regards,

Aharon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

How in the heck did it happen and how did your engines catch fire? Do you have screenshot for that?
I did have a screenshot but accidentally deleted it! 8)

I was being a bit of a numpty as took off on a short runway in PNW and there was plenty of high terrain all around which I felt necessitated full power on both engines so as to climb quickly but had not fully read the pilot notes, (this was my first flight in it) and after a few minutes there was hell of a bang, the fire warning bell came on and just after having done the shutdown on Number 1, Number 2 also went up in flames!! :-O Also there is no fire extinguisher to speak of. :worried:

Regards
Nigel.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

OUCH!!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

If you accidentally deleted the screenshot, there would be a chance that the screenshot would be still sitting in the wastebasket in Windows. Please see if you can check that?

Thanks,

Aharon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

If you accidentally deleted the screenshot, there would be a chance that the screenshot would be still sitting in the wastebasket in Windows. Please see if you can check that?
Nope!!! Didn't want to humiliate myself further by showing what happened when I didn't do what I should've done!! :rtfm: :doh: :lol: :lol:

What you could do is try it yourself, just take-off with full power keeping the throttles wide open ,leaving cowls closed and within the space of about three to five minutes.......self destruct!!

Regards
Nigel.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Nigel H-J wrote:What you could do is try it yourself, just take-off with full power keeping the throttles wide open ,leaving cowls closed and within the space of about three to five minutes.......self destruct!!
LOL

Ahhhh that will never happen to my C-47 because I am using it in Arctic winter temperature environment which means I should be worrying about frozen fuel more than about catching fire in engine. LOL Good thing that FSX never uses frozen fuel as failure or otherwise nobody would be flying in Alaksa!!

LOL

Regards,

Aharon