Blending In

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Blending In

Post by FlyTexas »

:shhh: :wasntme:

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Blending In

Post by DaveB »

I'd not want to be in a Stuka surrounded by that many Flying Forts.. not unless I had a death wish :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Alex

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

:lol: Great pic. :thumbsup:

Brian

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Impressive looking formation there, you cheeky lad!
Tell me, how did it sound, Brian?
IIRC, multiple AI don't seem to give a realistic soundscape, but I'm open to comments on that point.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I don't remember hearing any sound, Mike, other than the engine noise of the Stuka...and my computer screaming for mercy under the CPU load of all the aircraft, scenery, and 3D clouds. :lol: The B-17's sound is aliased to 'Douglas_DC3' so I imagine it makes some sort of noise. :dunno: The massive B-17 formation flight was made possible by using the following freeware add-on's. '162 Ship B-17G AI Formation' available from http://www.flight-replicas.com/Formations.htm and 'FormationSetup' available from http://www.mudpond.org/. I'd never used 'FormationSetup' until today. It's a breeze to use actually. You select the aircraft you want to use as the AI aircraft. Then you select its airspeed, altitude, formation shape, and flight pattern. The app will allow you to select up to four aircraft to use as AI aircraft. Me being a total newbie with 'FormationSetup' I selected '162 Ship B-17G AI Formation' for all four AI aircraft. :doh: So, what I ended up with was 648 B-17's (and one lone Stuka piloted by yours truly) circling Biggin Hill. :-O I wanted the formation to fly east to "Fortress Europa" but I had left the 'flight pattern' selection set to 'race track' instead of 'straight line'. :doh: All in all it was a lot of fun playing with 'FormationSetup'. :)

Brian

paulsl
Trident
Trident

Post by paulsl »

DaveB wrote:I'd not want to be in a Stuka surrounded by that many Flying Forts.. not unless I had a death wish :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
Looks like Brian also flies a Jaguar

XZ118

:hide:
It's not a 'bird', it's an aeroplane or an aircraft :rant:

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

:lol: My wheelbarrow looks nothing like that one. :hide: ;)

Brian