EGPB Sumburgh Airport

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ajb
Comet
Comet

Re: EGPB Sumburgh Airport

Post by ajb »

Hi Simon,

I'm a bit puzzled by your comment about Sumburgh being British. That's a given seeing as the Shetland Islands are part of the UK. What made you think that any of us that posted suggested otherwise? Of course Sturgeon (Scottish First Minister for those who don't know our odd political situation) would like that to change but hopefully it won't.

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

ajb wrote:
22 Apr 2019, 18:27
Hi Simon,

I'm a bit puzzled by your comment about Sumburgh being British. That's a given seeing as the Shetland Islands are part of the UK. What made you think that any of us that posted suggested otherwise? Of course Sturgeon (Scottish First Minister for those who don't know our odd political situation) would like that to change but hopefully it won't.

Andy
The fact it is on the Non British Forum
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Ah, now it makes sense! Like Andy, I was wondering why the comment was made. Well spotted, Simon.
Pete

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

simondix wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 08:14
The fact it is on the Non British Forum
Well the main reason I made my EGPB Sumburgh airport question post right here on Non British Forum is that BECAUSE it says NO NO NO BRITISH PLANES meaning that my EGPB Sumburgh airport question falls within category of NO NO NO British planes since the airport scenery has nothing to do with British planes.

Smiling

Regards,

Aharon

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

Oops! Completely missed the forum header Simon, just saw the posting.

Aharon, interesting reasoning but as Sumburgh is still most definitely British I guess that it can qualify for the main CBFS Forum. That said, very few aircraft flying into EGPB daily are British, sadly.

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

ajb wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 15:48
Aharon, interesting reasoning but as Sumburgh is still most definitely British I guess that it can qualify for the main CBFS Forum. That said, very few aircraft flying into EGPB daily are British, sadly.
Yeah Sumburgh is very British but me asking questions about Sumburgh airport is NOT NOT about Classic British Flight Sim planes. The main CBFS Forum is for SUPPORT and DISCUSSION about PLANES produced by Classic British Flight Sim planes. Sumburgh airport is not considered example of SUPPORT and DISCUSSION about PLANES produced by Classic British Flight Sim planes hence me being very careful where to post appropiate posts in accordance with description of each subforum.

Smiling

Regards,

Aharon

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Since the header for this forum says
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.
It does not qualify for this area either. Since we don't have a scenery section I would say the CBFS Forum would be better as I think it's safe to expand 'freeware aircraft' to 'freeware add-ons'.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.