A380 MONSTER arriving at LHR

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

VC10ace
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

A380 MONSTER arriving at LHR

Post by VC10ace »

Hi Guys

OK heres the hot gen from the crew room. This news hasnt got out yet (I dont think)

Bring yourselves AND your cameras/wives/kids to LHR on 18th May as the A380 is arriving at 12 noon!!!!

I'm one of the few that will get right up to her even possibly on the flight deck. I know its NOT British but its another avaiation milestone and as a flying nut - I think its fantastic.

Even after passing theory of flight at RAF Halton I STILL am amazed that 400 tons of metal and wiring can get off the ground!

(Tickets for seats in MY back garden with a cold beer/coffee and refreshments - £500 each :lol: ) She will come right over us! :poke:
I have slipped the surly bonds of earth and danced the skies with engines at the back and laughter silvered T tail.....

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Think last weeks Flight International beat you to it. :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

andy

Post by andy »

Do you think she'll stop, before she gets to Tower bridge......? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

andy wrote:Do you think she'll stop, before she gets to Tower bridge......? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guess it depends on which runway they are using. 09 R / L maybe, 27 R / L it should be turning base to finals. If it stops there, then the whole of the City of London are in trouble! :shock:
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

AndyMinx
Victor
Victor

Post by AndyMinx »

I'd love to go but it'll be hell there when she comes so I think I'll give it a miss and wait for Farnborough in the Summer. :wink:

There will be loadsa piccys on Airliners.net from it anyway!

Cheers,
Andy M.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Ive allready seen it up close and in the air :dance:
Looking forward to seeing this beast again. :smile:
Did someone mention that it will be doing a touch and go at Hawarden?
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Saw it the day before it's first flight and I'll be at work when it goes to LHR. Hope to get Farnboro' tickets though.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Should be quite revealing to see it park...Also should be interesting to see which way it is routed to its parking as a very large percentage of the taxiways can't be used by this "White Elephant" :lol: They have probably removed two stands to make one wide enough so technically it will occupy three :roll:

Here's a Google Earth shot:-

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Peter

I take it if you were still on the line you would be none too interested to fly it?

BTW those two on the taxyway in the upper left make it look like M$ may have had something to do with the taxy planning :roll:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Garry Russell wrote:Hi Peter

I take it if you were still on the line you would be none too interested to fly it?

BTW those two on the taxyway in the upper left make it look like M$ may have had something to do with the taxy planning :roll:
Garry,

If I were still on the line, I would not be interested in flying any of those large things in the picture...I would always prefer shorthaul...Having said that, in FS, I'm busy Flight Planning a RTW over the Magnetic Poles, starting and finishing at McLeland Field...I'm still doing the "Conversion Course" on the aircraft and have only flown it once so far. I reckon that trip will definitely convince me that I was right to stick with "Short Haul" :lol: