Over Manhattan

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

mulletman
Viscount
Viscount

Post by mulletman »

speedbird591 wrote:This guy is posting real photos and trying to make out they're in flight sim!
So true! Authough he isnt the worst culprit i have seen ; http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az= ... 5409&page= (i geninely think these are photos edited to look like FS)
what scenery are you using there?
It looks like Aerosofts Scenery manhattan. which will be among my next scenery purcaces (anyone guess why :wink: )

Great shots everyone. really great!
Image Image
Yes...and... I Like my Boeings.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Of course I'm only joking about seaking's fantastic shots. That scenery is quite breathtaking. :clap:

But mulletman, I take your point about the ones on the Avsim forum being doctored in photoshop. I suppose once a screenshot is manipulated it then becomes an expression of art - where anything can be done to improve the visual effect. But then it's not flightsim any more, is it? Still the boys on Avsim are wetting themselves over it. Awesome, bro.....

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

That's why SimViation has two sections

One for Editied screen sots and the other for straight out of the sim shots.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Vixus wrote:But they feel British. I haven't seen such curves in an American aircraft since... that... era.
This enough American curves ? :wink: Sorry if Im pushing the CBFS envelope, but you have to admit, the Tomcat is indeed very feline. Pity she's been retired. :crying:

:smile:

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

That scenery looks truly stunning. I have the Aerosoft Manhattan scenery package and its no way near that good so I don't think thats it. Over to you Seaking for the answer!...(?) :think: :smile:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

t
VEGAS wrote:That scenery looks truly stunning. I have the Aerosoft Manhattan scenery package and its no way near that good so I don't think thats it. Over to you Seaking for the answer!...(?) :think: :smile:
:poke: maybe sleeping
ello seaking,,, :poke:
As far as tweaking screenshots...............
hmmm
as a photographer, (I've been published several times)
I would have to say (real) qualifies once the person has FS running and has presses the print screen or a thrid party prog that does the same thing, captures the picture on the moniter the simmer sees.
remember some screenshots will look better because they have a fast computer (or better whatever fits)
the same way my 100 dollar digital camera doesn't even come close to what my
Cannon D30 will cature
it's all relevant
editing contrast or a bit of cropping, thats fair game
it's been done in dark rooms for a 100 years, even more.
However, cutting and pasting well thats a no no for sure
the definition of the word Photograph

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A photograph (often shortened to photo) is an image (or a representation of that on e.g. paper) created by collecting an array of photons onto special photo-sensitive paper. The most common photographs are those created of reflected visible wavelengths, producing permanent records of what the human eye can see.

collecting an array of photons interesting phrase
nothing added nothing taken away
just what the person saw when they took the picture

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

But the other created pitures are nice to look at too.

Seaking
VC10
VC10

Post by Seaking »

Apologies I had completely forgotten I had posted those pics, to be honest I have no idea what the scenery was and I'm actually hunting for it now so I can pass along.

Those shots and a few others were taken a long time ago to enter in a contest, I think they were also done in FS2002 which I don't even have installed anymore.

Thanks for the comments on them though, didn't win, but did get a second with one of those shots. I am sure I had FSwater installed like I do today in FS9. Editing, nope not a lot really, far as I can remember, a bit of brightness and contrast was about all.

Once I find the scenery I'll install it and see if I can get the same shot, then I'll be happy to let you know.

Thanks