A drop of VA pilots?

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

DanKH wrote:Ahh... a REAL test-pilot... :lol:

It's always a good thing to know that the metal provided has been tested thoroughly...
Yeah but not much by me.....Most of my 'test flying' is circuits to see if the paint looks OK and to help it dry with a bit of wind. :whistle:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

DaveB wrote:Dan..

There has been a 'slack' period and as Joe says, all pilots who had not signed into FlyNET during the last 90-days were removed from the system. Some of our pilots hadn't made any flights at all but some had. No doubt they'll be surprised next time they go to login :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
Yes, I was one of those, took leave of absence for house move. When I came bouncing back (surely not 90 days?) I found I had vapourised. I'm sure I found a note in another thread saying you could sign up again and get your old records back but somehow I've ended up a Jalabad rather than Jersay with not a plane in sight. Its going to be a long walk . . .

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John,

I'm not entirely sure when the 90-day thing will be fully correct.. that is that it sends out a reminder at 60-days :think: We were hopeful that a pilots data could be retrieved and reinstalled but I've yet to see this happen :sad:

ATB

ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

DaveB wrote:Hi John,

I'm not entirely sure when the 90-day thing will be fully correct.. that is that it sends out a reminder at 60-days :think: We were hopeful that a pilots data could be retrieved and reinstalled but I've yet to see this happen :sad:

ATB

Thanks Dave,

I didn't get a reminder, if I had I would have known about this before today and could have acted accordingly.

J
(still trudging through the desert, currently 2 miles from Jalabad)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John,

I don't know of ANY pilot we've lost having received an email reminder so am working on the assumption that this will only work for NEW pilots. This isn't in accordance with what's been published but neither is getting booted without a warning :roll:

ATB

ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

What happened was the ones that you guys lost were lost when the script was initially enacted and not working properly. It should now work properly. I have gotten e-mails from people that have been online for some time (i.e. nearly as long as me) that got the e-mail warning, so it should be working properly (we all hope :smile:).

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Guilty as charged chaps :sad: - work is hell at the moment and I rarely get time to fly - can't really say any more :dunno:

Rgds,

Colin
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

All ya have to do to keep in the system is login to FlyNet at least once every 60-90 days and you won't get removed. No flying is required.

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

Chris Trott wrote:All ya have to do to keep in the system is login to FlyNet at least once every 60-90 days and you won't get removed. No flying is required.
Thanks Chris - I know that now but unfortunately its a bit late for that advice. Whoever thought up this idea should be thrown out at FL250, communication is a great thing when you use it but to chuck people off (and delete their records) and then tell them how to avoid it seems a rather unthinking way to go about things.

John
(Seven miles from Jalabad and still walking)

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Yeah, Konrad got a good scolding by the staff after that. He apologized, but sadly there wasn't anything we could do to recover the lost accounts.