flynet

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomb
Comet
Comet

flynet

Post by Tomb »

flynet seems alarmingly dead with a 404 error,

and its been such a nice couple days to fly using real weather

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: flynet

Post by Chris Trott »

Yes, it appears something in the server whet horribly wrong or someone made it do so (which I wouldn't rule out after some e-mails the staff received recently). I'm not 100% sure who the host is (whether it's actually Konny's or not), but I'm hoping that it'll get fixed before September when Konny returns.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I do hope Konny remembered to pay the bill before heading off for three months. Not only is the website down, the client can't connect indicating the database is down also.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Non payment is not an issue. If that were the case, we'd not be able to even get to the server, which we are since we see the 404 error. No, something went wrong with the internals of the host server. The problem is I don't know whether that server is his (i.e. only he can fix it) or if it's hosted by another company (i.e. they should be on it trying to fix it). Worst case scenario, we have to wait until September for Konny to return. Best Case scenario - it's back up by the end of the week. Sadly, I'm not hopeful on the former option.

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Hi Guys,

I'm moving this to the Flynet Info section in the VA Forum :wink:

Derek
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I've just had a worrying thought..... if this doesn't get back up and running soon, I won't have logged in for 3 months... does that mean when it eventually does come online and the remove old pilots script runs, I'll get booted?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Chris Trott wrote:Non payment is not an issue. If that were the case, we'd not be able to even get to the server, which we are since we see the 404 error. No, something went wrong with the internals of the host server....
404 error is server running but page not found, which means its been removed by someone, a service provider who wanted to discontinue service to someone would likely do this. The database is not accessible also, if it was just the DB we would be getting error 500's which we have seen from time to time. There could be other explanations, but I would not take this one off the table yet.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

yes that is partly why i was alarmed to see a 404 error, that's a seriously bad vibe.

well it was freeware and if the Dude has had enough who can blame him it was fun while it lasted.

looks like its back to playing with myself with FSP but i hope not.

Airline online (payware) is also going to bite the dust this year, last few sessions are in progress.

Multiplayer FSP now that would be something.

hopefully Flynet will be back we will just have to wait and see

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I hate to be the barer of good news :lol: , but you'll get a 404 error if DNS can resolve the names.... mow unless any of you are running using the IP address of the flynet server and still getting a 404, I'd suggest it looks like a posible DNS issue. Maybe Kony forgot to pay a renewal on the dns name.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

The list of status-codes as defined by W3C can be found here:

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

which is a part of :

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616.html
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?