EGNV taxying problem

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

EGNV taxying problem

Post by simondix »

Just a word of warning really. Landed the Dove at EGNV everthing OK. On leaving the runway onto the taxyway I switched off the landing lights. I hit an unseen bump. A message came up asking Co-pilot to check if Landing lights switched on. I exited FS as soon as possible and will refly the flight. I had to rebook as I could not do it tonight so have incurred a fee.
I use Silver Wings on Dove flights so beware at EGNV for invisible bumps and leave your landing lights on. Would that bump have incurred any other penalty if I had continued the flight.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: EGNV taxying problem

Post by DaveB »

Hi SImon,

No.. I can't see it would have incurred any other penalty. Much of these problems are not of our own making though some are.. even if unwittingly done. Differences in mesh, one developers scenery not sitting correctly on top of another bit of scenery.. they all play a part and while under FlyNET conditions, can cause these annoyances. On the pc I'm typing on now (the one I used to use for Flightsim).. I taxied out at Bournemouth and all seemed fine when suddenly, I thought I heard a 'BONG'. I couldn't abort the takeoff as I was on my takeoff roll so had exceeded the 25kts groundspeed so in desparation, I pulled the plug on the flight. Having restarted the sim and activated the client, I set off again.. this time moving more slowly down the runway (I was in a Dove too btw) and this time, I noticed a step in the mesh.. enough to send dust up. This was enough to cause the bong!! However.. I don't see it on the pc I now use!!! Odd but true. Thank goodness it wasn't a long flight or at the end of a flight though I've had a bong at Glasgow too (also in a Dove and on this pc). I'd actually stopped and parked.. handbrake on waiting for the end of flight 'ding dong'. A nice pitter patter landing yet flynet recorded a landing of 400fpm :o

Just goes to show.. you can't dodge em all ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Rgr that on the 'bump' at EGNV..I found it a few days ago but forgot to post a HU :$ Luckily I was doing a practice run ;-)

It appeared to be around the point where the taxiways cross the runway at the north-east end...I revised my flightplan and took off from 05 instead...I was able to rotate before the 'bump'.

ATB,

Derek ;-)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Mine was on taxiway on left about halfway down 05. About halfway down taxiway. Got round it this time by going to end of runway and using that one.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman