Wrong aircraft detected? Update FSUIPC required

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Wrong aircraft detected? Update FSUIPC required

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi guys,

The new FSAirlines Beta 0.2 now checks your aircraft.cfg to confirm you are using correct aircraft type. Older versions of FSUIPC may report that you are in the wrong aircraft. Latest version should rectify this :- http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Regards

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Wrong aircraft detected? Update FSUIPC required

Post by DaveB »

Hi John..

There is a new bug introduced by beta03 (I've reported it on FlyNET). Beta03 introduces a version checker and correctly reports my version as 3.82 (required to make v02 work). However, it says v3.00 is required and will not let you go further (this at the FLY page).

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave,

DK has fixed that already and is now showing 'green'. If all is ok you get straight to refuel. Try changing to a bigger aircraft or the wrong airport and you will see that the FSUIPC now shows correct - unless you have the wrong FSUIPC still. I think the client calls the fsuipc version from FS and then checks with FSA website for the expected version. DK hadn't changed it webside by looks of things but it all looks good now.

John

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

i presume we will have to update the aircraft config file ?

some of mine report "experimental" because thier is no entry, capt sim B707 comes to mind, B701 or B703 needs to be inserted, i just have not been bothered to correct it so far

i have a feeling my stratocruiser may be experimental also,

it should be noted that not all aircraft codes are present in FS9 for sure, dont know about FSX

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Bob,

No, you shouldn't need to change anything. I asked for clarification of the checks of the cfg as I also had concerns about detection of correct aircraft. At the moment it is very rudimentary and just checks the number engines and MTOW within a certain range.

Regards

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

DK has fixed that already and is now showing 'green'.
Yup.. I reported it 3hrs ago mate and he got back pretty quick towit I tried it and it worked. Have not had a chance to highlight it here until now ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

so how many engines does DM's trident 3b have :lol:

acording to flynet that is

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Well it should say FOUR, counting the Boost engine :)

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Evening all,

I have just read this thread and I am still having trouble with the BAC 1-11-400. I have booked flight 4426 from Gatwick to Manchester with G-CBIA. I fired up FS9 opened the client to begin the flight and was told that I had the wrong aircraft selected.

I have checked FSUIPC, even though it shows as 3.82 in the client, the module itself shows as 3.817. This is the latest version from the link on the home page, downloaded 2 hours ago.

Also, looking at FSAirlines and the aircraft.cfg comparing their values the two would appear to tally, although the config shows weights in lbs with kgs in brackets whereas FSAirlines shows all weights in Kg.

So much for my possibly one night off in the middle of 11 days of work, still if I cancel i could try a flight with a different A/C type I suppose.

EDIT - Just cancelled the flight and booked in a HS 748 to test. The client seems happy with my FSUIPC etc as it has taken me to the fuelling page, would love to know what is wrong with the 1-11, but I don't really want to try that again as it has just cost me v$677 for the privelidge of cancelling a flight.

Cheers
Last edited by Globitz on 20 Sep 2008, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

The 1-11 FS model has 3 engines. The extra one being the APU.
Similar with the Trident 2, that has 4 engines in aircraft.cfg.
The Trident 3 would actually have 5, but FS wouldn't allow it! ;-) The T3 model shares engine 4 to function as booster & APU as required.

If FSAirlines is using number of engines to verify aircraft type, then it isn't going to work.
They should only check on stuff like engines if the 'atc_model' is not what they expected to find.
The 1-11 model has 'atc_model=BA11', the Trident model has 'atc_model=TRID'. That should be all they need to see to verify the aircraft type.

DM
ImageImage