Viking in new client

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Viking in new client

Post by fighterpilot »

I have just attempted to do a flight in the viling in the new client and ran into a rather big problem. The engines appear to start ok but the RPM starts to drop and at about 400rpm the engines quit and die. I have not had this problem with the old client and i am following the same procedures (loading a default aircraft first etc) using the simple fuelling method. This is quite annoying as i want to start heading north again after my trek down through Eastern africa.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Viking in new client

Post by DaveB »

Hmm..

Never had this with the old client either Richard so I guess it must be the new one it doesn't like. How are you fuelling.. simple or loading it yourself from the sim??

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Simple fuelling, it seems to take the fuel fine, but the engines die shortly after starting. I only managed to complete one flight with the new client in beta with a 748 and didn't have the problem. I will try the more detailed fuelling method and taking fuel from the sim.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Richard..

Rgr that ;-) In the meantime.. I'll try the Viking too just in case there is a common problem.

ATB

ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Well i have tried both the other fuelling methods and have had the same problem, however i may have a possible solution. I was starting the engines and leaving the throttles in idle whilst i got ready for the takeoff etc. On one test i opened up the throttles to about 1200 RPM and closed the throttles and the engines seemed to stabilise around 435 rpm. I haven't continued with the flight as i have a few jobs to do before i will have time to fly it. Whilst i may have found the partial solution it would not be nice to put the throttles to idle during landing and have the engines shut off would it.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Richard..

I happened to be at Manchester so have booked and am currently flying CC-AA in AGRP.. my first flight on the 'release' client. Situation started (as all of mine are) with default Cessna then changed to Viking (engines running). Chose 'Simple' and all well. In the cruise ATT heading for IOM VOR.

Latest available FSUIPC (Registered) in use running under WinXP SP2. I'm kinda glad it's working but would've liked to have seen it fail to corroborate your findings. :think:

ATB

ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Must be something to do with the fact that i start with the engines off? I certainly didn't have this problem before the new client, not one problem on the 2000+ miles from Cyprus and i haven't altered any procedures. Using the latest FSUIPC but not registered and on Vista. Oh well, might to have to start with engines running in the future, as it is currently set the engines are off but with the electronics etc on at start.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Richard..

Just landed and nothing untoward to report. I'll try my return with the engines off (don't have time to do it now though) ;-)

Sri I can't offer you anything more positive at this point :-(

ATB

ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Just had another possible thought. I am operating out of Nairobi at 5300 ft, may have an impact :dunno: CLutching at straws I know. Anyway i am now mid flight so we will see what happens when i land.

Richard
Last edited by fighterpilot on 20 Sep 2008, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Flight completed with no mishaps, cracked open the throttle a little way and the engines didn't die on me and were fine for the rest of the flight.

Richard
ImageImage