Flying to and from the gate

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Flying to and from the gate

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

One of you commented (think it was Simon) that he'd seen over at FSA the requirement to start your flight at the gate and finish it at the gate (perish the thought) :lol: I can confirm that this is NOT a requirement and you will not get a 'rolling' penalty for not doing so. My last 2 flights have been started 'ON' the runway ready to go and both have ended with the aircraft over the hold lines on the turnoff.

Reading in between the lines at FSA, it does seem that a number of aircraft are prone to 'creep'.. even with the parking brake on but we don't, to the best of my knowledge and I hold TR's for all but the Britannia, have any aircraft currently available that show this problem so.. pull up, apply your parking brake then end the flight and you should be ok ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Re: Flying to and from the gate

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave,

I've posted on another thread but just in case anyone pops in here :-

There is no requirement to start/stop at any particular location at an airport or to start/stop with engines on/off. The incorrect reporting of 'rolling' penalty is due to a bug introduced into the current version of the client which reads IAS instead of GS. Until this problem gets resolved with the next client version :-

Park tail into wind before applying parking brake and ending the flight !

Regards

John