Leaving FS and Fuel used

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Leaving FS and Fuel used

Post by Globitz »

Afternoon all,

I have just flown, Teeside to Heathrow in a Viscount.

All went well with the flight, Brakes on ,flight ended message, saved flight in flight sim at which point FS crashed.

Still, as client was still open with end flight button I continued as normal.

Went to FSA to book next flight and discovered that A/C has no fuel and that the flight used 3000Kg of fuel. Luckily it has been flagged as for review and it should get sorted.

Just thought I'd let you all know as with the old client the flight ended and FS info was recorded when the brakes went on, whereas with the new client I suspect that it waits for the end flight button to be pressed before getting remaining fuel info etc from FS.
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Re: Leaving FS and Fuel used

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

If that's your norm to save your flights, maybe end the flight in the client first and then save your flight after. I think the fuel will be lost. The flight isn't flagged and even if it were it would only recalculate the fuel burn and wouldn't put the balance back in the tanks.

Regards

John

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Re: Leaving FS and Fuel used

Post by Globitz »

Hi John,

No, I normally exit the client then go back into FS to prepare for my next flight, however this time I kind of forgot my routine.. with the old client of course this could not happen.

I seem to have got my wires crossed re flights for review and the stats pages, I saw the ? in the RH column of the 'Flights by Day' listing. The only time I have seen this before is when I had a the 748 flight that went pear shape the other day and I suppose I assumed this was a flag.

Ah well, i suppose the fuel is lost and I shall just have to tank her up again. Sorry Lads.

Cheers

Andy
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage