New client, and fuel problem.

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

New client, and fuel problem.

Post by fighterpilot »

Just flown my first flight with the new client and seemd to have uncovered a slight bug. Despite there being plenty of fuel in G-APED the fs airlines client seems to think there is only 283kg on board. There is infact well over 3000KG on board, i don''t want to do the flight as i'll have to buy loads of fuel.

edit: the client seems not to have recognised the fuel i put in on my first flight although the fs airlines site as well as CBFS stats show the correct amount.

Richard
ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Re: New client, and fuel problem.

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Richard,

Forgive me as I'm not currently working from my sim pc so can't check. There is a thread on the FSA forum and someone mentioned this fuel 'error'. Apparently the figure shown is what is on the aircraft currently 'in the sim'. To see what fuel remains from the last flight and what is currently shown on the database there is a box on the left side of the client 'fuel initially'. Just add the amount you want to the 'fuel initially' amount and you should be good to go. Please rport back if you would to confirm that is the case.

Regards

John

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

I had seen the posts over there John but do not think this is the same problem, although I could be wrong, here is a shot of the FSAirlines client info page when the sim isn't running and it shows the 283KGs:

When in the sim the load fuel window was showing the amount actually on board but the amount tanked as 283kg so would probably have charged me for it.

Richard
ImageImage

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Morning All,

Just to add my findings to the pot.

I have just completed a flight from LEZG to EGGW in G-ATTP using the new client. No fuel problems at all...

I have then booked a flight from EGGW - LFMN in the same Aircraft. FSA.net and the stats page both agreeing that G-ATTP has 1720 Kg of fuel on board. Upon loading the client and going to the Fly! tab, I discover that I have 131 Kg of initial fuel and a suggestion in the additional fuel box of 1571Kg. For the flight I would like to add 4500 Kg of fuel.

The thoughts are that the 1571 Kg and 131 Kg figures added together give 1702 Kg, not far off the amount that I should have on board.
Why is the client giving a figure in the additional fuel box, it never used to?

and should I change the figure in the add fuel box to 4500 Kg and hope or should I add the 1702 Kg to this and risk having very full tanks.

I will have a quick look at FSA forums and then probably go for option 2 as at least that way I will have tanked for the return.

EDIT: I have looked at FSA and could not find anything of any relevance as I try to use the simple fuelling method. Have just tried to add the 4500 Kg of fuel in the client and on the flight page I get a value of 4630 Kg on board. Exited and tried again, this time adding 5700 Kg of fuel and got a value of 5831 Kg on Board.

I therefore take it that we either have to pay extra for the fuel that should already be onboard that we are replacing, or not fly (again) as the new client has been released and does not work (as usual).

EDIT EDIT

Just tried to fuel up not in simple mode and by filling tanks seperately it seems to work. :dancer: Just a bit of maths to do that's all.

Still do not understand the info on the left hand side of the client while loading.

Initial Fuel 131 Kg
Added fuel 1571 Kg
Loaded fuel 1720 Kg ?

Don't know where the initial fuel value comes from as flight was saved from previous flight and tanks agreed with my figures. Still no time to ponder now, it's time to :flying:

TTFN
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage