No Flight Information

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petec
Meteor
Meteor

No Flight Information

Post by petec »

Ok, so I've booked my 1st flight and have setup FSX at the gate at Jersey. Open up FSAirlines client and my pilot details show in the box ( so I assume I'm connected). I set the options as detailed in the tutorial.

Ready to get going, I click on "Flight Information" and get the message "Please book a flight first!". I'm obviously doing something wrong somewhere. Any ideas please ?
It's better to break ground and fly into the wind, than to break wind and fly into the ground
RAF & Allied Air forces WWII Monument

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: No Flight Information

Post by DaveB »

Hi Pete :hello:

Not necessarily so. ;) I don't think any of us here have escaped that message at some point so.. try closing the client.. then nip back to FSA just to make sure you are showing as 'Booked'.. then try opening the client again. I honestly don't know why this happens but it does on the odd occassion. Not very helpful on your first flight I know but hopefully, you'll have got it out of the way now and won't see it again for a while ;)

I'll nip over to FSA and check your status :cpu:

EDIT..
Yep.. your details look correct Pete so I can only presume FSA is having a bad 5mins.

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petec
Meteor
Meteor

Post by petec »

Thanks Dave,

I did as you said several times and still no information. I've also:
1. Deleted and re-installed Ver2.0.2b (The latest I believe)
2. Deleted Ver2.0.2b and installed Ver2.0.0 (just in case)
3. Re-installed Ver2.0.2b again

I've also checked that I've cleared it through my firewall.

Still no joy :'(
It's better to break ground and fly into the wind, than to break wind and fly into the ground

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hmm.. thinking cap on *-)

Sri about this Pete. I'll dig some more and see if anything pop's up :cpu: Will get back as soon as I can ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

petec
Meteor
Meteor

Post by petec »

Thanks Dave,

I've been trying again this morning, including cancelling my booked flight and re-booking. Still nothing.

I've trawled through the forums, and can see other people have had the same problem, but apart from one on the FSAirlines forum saying that the VA has to allocate a rank (which you have done), I can't see any reall answers.

On top of that, I've been trying to register for the FSAirlines forum, so that I can post there myself, but can't make head nor tail of their registration code, so I've had to email them.

The 'Smiley' is getting to be a really appropriate one. :wall:

petec
Meteor
Meteor

Post by petec »

It's my B***** firewall :rant: :$, despite my having made the exceptions for FSAirlines.

If I disable my firewall altogether...........no problem.

Sorry 'bout that Dave, and thanks for the help. I'll go away and play with the firewall (or chuck it in the bin and get a new one), and hopefully complete the flight later this evening.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Pete..

Cancelling the flight was going to be my next suggestion! 8) :wall:

OK.. you must have registered at FSA which would have enabled you to join CBFSVA (you did didn't you?). Your client version is correct, you are at the correct location, your TR is correct and the flight you've booked is also correct. Signing up for the FSA forum is not a prerequisite.. at least I don't think it is.

One thought.. do you have FSUIPC4 installed (the FSX version.. 3 being the FS9ver)?? I can't be certain now if FSUIPC4 is a requirement as FSA will use Simconnect (the native FSX comms software). I have it installed on my system but as you've not had a warning you're not running the correct software, I doubt it's important. *-) It's got me baffled and no mistakin' 8) In the meantime, fingers crossed you either get a reply from FSA or one of the DB boffins pop's in here and has a look at your registration. I'll keep scratching my head but I'm running out of hair :worried:

EDIT...
Tks for that mate. As you'd already mentioned your firewall, I was assuming it was letting you in. Hopefully, adding FSA to the exclusions will sort you out. Phew! :rock:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

petec
Meteor
Meteor

Post by petec »

One for the archives

It seems that for some reason or other, and despite having green ticks across the board :

FSAirline WILL NOT work with the Sunbelt Personal Firewall

Disable Sunbelt and open the Windows firewall, and everything works as it should.

Thanks for the help anyway Dave. Much appreciated.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Pete :hello:

Tks for that info. I've not come across Sunbelt before so just been and had a nosey :) Funny because I installed KasperskyAV 2010 a couple of days ago and the first time I opened the client, it came up with a warning that the program was using software that could gather information from my system :-O That said.. when I opened MailwasherPro, it said the same thing too but fortunately, I was able to exclude both programs. Kaspersky still logs them both mind you but it doesn't warn me anymore. This stuff is good when it works but a bit of a pain when it's over protective. Ideal for corporate use when you don't want your staff playing Call of Duty in the company time :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage