How about a VA......................

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

I have a few questions if I may. I used to belong to a VA, in that VA one had to download most of their fleet to see and be seen in multiplayer sessions. Also the paint jobs on the aircraft were somewhat garish and must have been lead based as I for one could not get them to get off the ground, and if I did I had to kick in reverse thrust 2 miles from the runway to be able to stop the things. Also eskyworld would not verify my PIREPS and there I could not make any progress. Disillusioned I left and was consequently dropped.

My questions are, what spyware detects that your landing lights are on below 10,000ft?

If flying offline how does you flight plan get to be verified?

and finally does it work?

Sean

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

I don't know how much time I could dedicate to this. I don't think I'd have the patience to fly flights for a VA unless it was a really fun, interactive process. What I mean is, if someone crashes their aircraft they should jolly well send in a crash report with screenshots! :lol:

Then a news report can be made in classic aviation-scare style. Dibs on front page! If you need a web designer, just ask.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Avant-Garde-Aclue wrote:I have a few questions if I may. I used to belong to a VA, in that VA one had to download most of their fleet to see and be seen in multiplayer sessions. Also the paint jobs on the aircraft were somewhat garish and must have been lead based as I for one could not get them to get off the ground, and if I did I had to kick in reverse thrust 2 miles from the runway to be able to stop the things. Also eskyworld would not verify my PIREPS and there I could not make any progress. Disillusioned I left and was consequently dropped.

My questions are, what spyware detects that your landing lights are on below 10,000ft?

If flying offline how does you flight plan get to be verified?

and finally does it work?

Sean
Hi Sean,

A quick 'How it works'

1.Your flights are set up through the FlyNET website and you must be connected to the internet for the client programme to send and recieve information to/from the FlyNET database

2.You have a small piece of software 'Client Programme' installed on your pc. The client gets info to/from FS9 via FSUIPC (non-registered works ok)

3.When you are ready to fly your booked flight, you position yourself at your departure airport in the right aircraft at whatever time of day and with whatever weather settings you want to use.

4. Start your client programme and select 'Fly booked flight'.

5. The client programme will then check what your booked flight is and check your FS9 to see if you are at the right airport in the right aircraft.

6.When it verifies this, you are given the option to refuel. Once you are refuelled, the client displays various things including speed/altitude/lights on/off fuel onboard etc.

7. Leave the client programme running and then go back to FS9. The first thing you will notice is that your engines are not running as the client programme shuts them down to commence the flight.

8. Start your engines, taxi, take-off, fly, land, taxi and park. Application of the parking brake after landing triggers the client programme to end the flight report. Details are then transmitted to the database. and a post flight critique is published which amongst other things gives fuel burn, block time, profit (full breakdown of revenue/costs). The database logs where YOU are, where the AIRCRAFT is and what fuel is remaining. This info is preserved for the next flight.

There is a lot more to it, but it IS simple to use AND enjoyable. More detailed information will be given as soon as we have our forum area and I get the time to write everything down.

As to aircraft ? Well, you are at the right place already for any downloads need (you probably have them already installed) as the idea of this VA is to use the superb freeware jems from the Maestro's who lurk on this forum. Once we have built the fleet, you fly whatever you are competent to operate.

And yes, it does work

Rgds

John

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I'm itching to get going so the burning question is when do we start and what are we gonna be called? I still like Classic Line UK.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

I would be interested..
I havn't tried online simming yet, but this may be the proper tool
for motivation
one question :think:
what about the aircraft and money.?

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

It's not online simming, the program used only connects via the net to send your flight data back for the airlines stats.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Forgive me but I also get the feeling that there are a lot of people on this fine forum who are very concerned if not too concerned about spyware and all things that connect to the net etc.

Now I know that everyone doesn't have a great deal of knowledge on PC's but please don't fall into a state of mind where you think everything is a risk.

Securing your PC does not involve heading down to PC World, talking to a muppet and buying Norton. Thats the worst thing you can do.

Just chill guys.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Having not tried being in a VA I might give it a go.
Charlie Bravo wrote:I'm itching to get going so the burning question is when do we start and what are we gonna be called? I still like Classic Line UK.
How about BCOA (British Classic Overseas Airways).
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Jetset wrote:Mark is right you know, his landings aren't the best! Maybe start him on cargo to begin with, then see how many breakages there are at the end of the month. If the result is good, then give him pax! :lol:
He's right there you know.

It'd be no use me flying crockery about for the local Potteries.
The few that're left would soon be broke (groan) :lol: :lol: replacing
all the damaged stuff.

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

blanston12 wrote:Having not tried being in a VA I might give it a go.
Charlie Bravo wrote:I'm itching to get going so the burning question is when do we start and what are we gonna be called? I still like Classic Line UK.
How about BCOA (British Classic Overseas Airways).
Not sure on that one. A lot of my flights (and poss other peoples) will be internal sectors in the UK with the 748 and I don't feel the name suits that nature of flying.
Just my opinion :redface: