How about a VA......................

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

How about a VA......................

Post by RAF_Quantum »

................in which you can fly your favourite CBFS aircraft ?

Hi Guys,

I am a great believer in having some sort of a purpose behind your choice of flying in flight sim. I have been down the CFS1/2/3 and IL2 series route which are enjoyable, but I always seem to come back to the civilian scene. Of late, I have been active on FSEconomy, flying a Beech 1900C, DC3 and Twin Commander 690 as well as a few other miscellaneous types. Recently, FSEconomy had a server problem and they lost the site for @ 3days. In that time, I remembered someone mentiond FlyNET as a similar programme. Well, I am here to tell you that it is a pretty decent programme and very useable. At the moment, I have a VA which I started and a pal of mine has joined me to fly there. Most of the aircraft are the normal Boeing/Airbus family but one VA does have BAC1-11's. I have spoken through the forum about getting additional classic aircraft added to the database and they are quite willing to do so. At the moment I have a fleet of 8 x Fokker100's at different UK hubs flying to european airports as well as domestic routes between hubs.

Here's the suggestion...............

I would like to see those pilots here flying the aircraft/s they want on routes that they want within a VA at FlyNET. The more pilots generating revenue means more aircraft can be purchased and based where people wish. At the moiment, the VA is named Air Anglia but I am sure I could change it to something appropriate - CBFS Airways, British United Airways?

Aircraft that could be used :-

VC10
Comet
BAC1-11
HS748
Viscount
Argosy - yes we can operate cargo only flights
Dove
BAe146

There are several things which affect the prosperity of the VA :-

VA Reputation

All VA's start with a factor of 80 which can rise to max 120 - Air Anglia currently at 120

Ticket price

A standard price is set by the programme but you can change it at will. If you set it too high, passengers won't travel with you and your flights will not be full

Pilot Performance

Each flight has a post flight critique. Only a few thngs here that will affect your pilot rating :-

NOT having landing lights on below 10,000ft -5%
Leaving landing lights ON above 10,000ft - 5%
Taxi ground speed above 25kts - 5%
Speed above 250kts below 10,000ft -5%
Crash - 50%
Landing at wrong airport - 15%

The load you carry per flight is a factor of

Ticket price factor (too high and factor is low) x Airline Reputation x Seating capacity of act x pilot % ranking.

So, if the ticket price is fare, the reputation is good and the pilot is good, you will have full loads.

Post flight, your financial analysis is displayed. This will give you a breakdown of revenue (pax x ticket price_ less costs of fuel/catering/wages plus bonuses for 1 - 4x time compression. No bonuses for above 4x time compression. This will then give you a profit for the flight. This profit then hass a factor applied to it depending on the value of the VA. Max 1000x down to 100x I think. Currently my VA is still on 1000x to allow rapid growth. As revenues increases and the VA worth increases, the next drop down is to 500x which will slow growth.

Aircraft maintenance

Each aircraft fresh out of the hangar will have a status of 100%. When you start a flight this will immediately drop to 99.9% and then the % reduces depending on your descent rate at touchdown. The higher the descent rate, the higher impact on the post flight % status of the aircraft. This encourages nice landings.

So..............

......... if you like flying any of these great classics, why don't we band together. Let me know what aircraft/s you want, where you want them and what routes you want to fly. For example, if anyone wanted to re-create say Channel Airways routes then we can add the aircraft to the database and the routes to the network. The same goes, if you want to operate an Argosy in the USA recreating the real world flights.

This could be great. The more pilots flying, the quicker the revenue can be earnt and the quicker the aircraft can be purchased. If no-one is interested, I will probably still do it anyway, but it will be a long slog. The more the merrier!

What do you think ?

Rgds

John

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Well though out John, looking forward to hearing the other responses. I like the idea. Can I be a 1-11 captain? I have the cap.
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Sounds good John.

What about adding the Tridents and the HJG BOAC 707 with RR Conways?

I'd be interested in the 707 as I've been looking at doing some of the
old BOAC Far East routes.

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Ah yes, I would also like to be rated in the Trident, as well as the 1-11.
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Waht about the Vanguard?

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Vanguard, no problem....................
707, no problem....................

Other aircraft types, please suggest away. I just made a quickie list as an example.

I am very encouraged with this immediate response, I think this could be really good.

Rgds

John

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

I for one would love to be involved. I'm currently in a military VA but I get the odd civilian urge; especially in these aircraft. :dance:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

For the thinner lesser routes

Herald and Dove

And maybe you still hvae a Rapide for the Scillies and the odd back up flight is still made by a Viking

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

John

Sometime before the Argosy's release I suggested a BEA1969 VA
for many of the reasons you mentioned , its was tabled at the time
due to more pressing items - LOL the Argosy, The Dove, the 748 etc etc
but if someone wants to make a go of it, good luck

Leif

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Jettie et al

As any new aircraft type is introduced to the fleet, you can have a rating on whatever aircraft you wish. All I would ask is that you are competent to operate any aircraft that you wished to be rated on.

Rgds

John