A Note on First Flight Losses

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

A Note on First Flight Losses

Post by Chris Trott »

Just so everyone knows, on the first flight for a new airplane, you will probably experience a loss of revenue. This is because you have to fuel the airplane from completely dry to sufficient fuel for your flight or flights. Once you have put fuel on that airplane for the first time, the FlyNET system remembers how much fuel was in the plane when you landed so no matter who flies the plane next, that fuel will still be on the plane.

Once all of our planes have been flown at least once, then you can expect profits from every subsequent flight as you'll not have to add the 10-15% of alternate/minimum fuel that should always be in the tank when you arrive at your destination.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Chris,

Also try and remember to put on sector fuel plus reserves only. For the F100, I work on 2000kgs per hour plus 2000kgs for the wife. Hopefully we can come up with some quick reference charts for the fleet :-

Sector distance/recommended FL/Sector fuel

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

John, I'm aware of that, but Amsterdam fuel is currently higher than Stansted, so I took enough to do the full run without having to take a lot of extra fuel. There are times where tankering works well, and I believe this is one of them.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Chris,

The comment wasn't aimed at you, you have much more experience with FlyNET than anyone here. It is a generalisation. I haven't mentioned fuel costs as yet so as not to put folk in overload. Once pilots are comfortable with FlyNET then we can fine tune the economic operation of the fleet over time.

For those that are picking up on this thread, you've guessed it, FlyNET have published fuel prices for each airport. To get the prices you will find them on the airport information page. On the VA overview page are the last five flights flown and the airport codes are hyperlinked to the airport information page. If the airport you want info on is not included in the last five flights, you will have to go through the database/airports route before you log in to FlyNET.

Rgds

John