System failures and Airline Reputation

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

System failures and Airline Reputation

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi all

I asked Konny at FlyNET what system failures we can expect. I also asked the 'mechanism' that gives the engine failure - I thought I had read somewhere that the fuel was drained from the tank feeding the failed engine and was it poss to relight using x-feed. Here is his reply :-
Konny wrote:Well, there are more to come but currently we only have stuck gear/flaps and engine failures. The engine failures are "real" engine failures so you don't have a chance to relight them. The fuel doesn't have to do anything with it.
I also asked what factors effect the Airline Reputation and what had caused the recent hit on ours. Here is the 'conversation' :-

Quantum wrote:Does a flight that shows a loss have an impact on Airline Reputation. We've had two flights today where revenues have gone negative due to bowsering to get fuel from a cheaper supplier. Airline reputation has taken a hit and thats the only possible reason I can see why.

Rgds

John
Konny wrote:Well, the flight revenue doesn't have any effect on your reputation. The reasons for your reputation going down can be:
- aircraft crash ( obviously ;-) )
- landing at the wrong airport
And last but not least failures during flight. Guess that is the problem because I included a failure which doesn't work and therefore you don't notice anything if it is engaged ;-)
Quantum wrote:

No failures have been reported. Any way of fixing that invisible failure?

Rgds

John
One of CBFS pilots wrote:John,

I must fess up here. I was the cause of the rep loss. Due to a glitch in my system, I had to cancel a flight that I had booked and take the hit to be able to clear the issue. I then proceeded to make a major screw-up and cancel the next flight I booked when attempting to hit the "Flight Briefing" button. That is what caused the reputation loss. I intend to be flying all week to try to help get our rep back up again.

This all occured on Monday morning UTC, but Sunday evening my time, so I didn't initially realize that was the cause until I looked closer.
Quantum wrote:Hi ****,(CBFS pilot)

OK tks for info, but Konny says that rep is lost only by :

1. Aircraft crash
2. Landing at wrong airport
3. Failures

So by that, we shouldn't have taken a hit on rep, just a hit on your personal bank balance. If the above list is incomplete, we could do with an update on what else has an affect.

Rgds

John
Konny wrote:Hm, the above list should be complete. Only the client can change an airline's reputation and only at the end of a flight. So I'ld say the invisible failure ( will be fixed in the next release ) is the reason.
But something else we already had is that a pilot who crashed shut down his internet connection before the client could send all the flight data to the website and so only the reputation got updated ;-)

Hope that's all clear to you guys.

Rgds

John

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

John,
This certainly made me sit up and pay attention.

I understand Konny's failures and how they will effect our reputation, I'm hoping though, that he's taking into account our older A/C systems!.

provided I have the options to use emergency flap & gear operation and can hopefully land safely, or decide to contiue, It's ok, but can we?, I'm definitely going to do some crew training and check out my types backup systems.

umm, I'm afraid to say CEO, It looks as if we need an ops manual for these eventual mishaps, LOL.

Robbie

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

All of our current aircraft have ops manuals for these eventualities thankfully. :smile:

Also, the failures are survivable normally, so just deal with them and either continue or return to origin. Konny is updating the system so that it recognizes and emergency and doesn't penalize for diversion or return to the originating airport, just how well the emergency is handled. Also, it will be updated to allow IFR diversions as well with a minor penalty instead of the full penalty as it is now.