CTD after landing

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

CTD after landing

Post by alemaobaiano »

Guys

Last night I flew my booked flight from Liverpool to Aldergrove in the Budgie. The flight went well from startup to landing (apart from some very strange vectors, but thats MSFS ATC for you :roll: ) with all of the normal beeps from the client. On arrival I turned off the runway (speed below 15kts) and was handed off to ground. Half way through the taxi clearance FS just shut down, no messages, nothing. The client was still running and checking on the Flynet site I was shown as landed.

There are two questions from this episode....

1. If I had restarted FS and manually placed myself at Aldergrove would the client have registered my flight as complete? As it was there didn't seem to be any way to get from landed to completed, so the flight was basically lost and was showing in my booked flights again.

2. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get to the bottom of this? My immediate suspicion is the Flynet client as that is the only "new" item on my PC, the Budgie having been installed over Easter and has behaved faultlessly since. Nothing else has been added to my PC. Any and all ideas gratefully received.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I had a similar problem the other day with atc.dll being the problem. Turns out it was the afcad file I was using for STN.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Tony,

The FlyNET website was incredibly slow last night. I suspect a lot of people were accessing the database to change registraions as this was a new feature that was added last night. It was taking me forever so I didn't finish them all. I don't think that would have caused your FS9 crash though.

Have a look in the FlyNET client folder where the .exe and .dll files are. In there you will see a 386.out file. You can read this file with notepad. Take a butchers and see if that pertains to the flight last night or the previous one. If it is last nights then you should be able to get the flight credited by emailing a copy of if to [email protected] and one of the admins will sort it. Also make a copy for yourself - you can make a folder within the client folder and keep them in there if you need it again. If it not from last nights flight then it looks like the flight will be 'lost' to you.

If the client was still running and you restarted FS9 and went to EGAA I am not sure if it would register the flight or not, would have worth trying though.

Regarding your CTD I know of one other pilot who was having similar probs with BSOD's etc and turning the AI settings down helped solve the problem.

Rgds

John

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

CB, I had a quick look with Scan AFD and there are no problems shown. Aldergrove is strictly default on my system, still, as I learned in the past you never can take anything for granted with MSFS.

John, I will look into that tonight when I get home. My AI is already turned down to 50% from my usual 80% to minimize the number of Piper induced go-arounds when I'm using Flynet, but I will have a look at the 386.out and see what's there.

Thanks a lot guys
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

John

I checked the folder and found 2 files with the .out extension, log.out contains information about the flight, but what might be of interest is that the last lines are mostly

Fehler mysql_real_connect():2003 (Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db1.netclusive.de' (10060))

until the last line when I unbooked the flight.

I will send it up to Flynet to see if they can credit the flight.