Taxy speed

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Taxy speed

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

Landed at Stanstead and ground windspeed was 27 kts so was instantly given a penalty as soon as i got to taxyway :sad:

Not happy as there was no way to avoid it.

I can never fix the problem either and was 100% before this in 31 flights.

Regards
Rick

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Rick,

At the moment, the client doesn't detect the ground type under the aircraft so I believe Konny has programmed a timer which starts ticking when your wheels touch the runway. If you let your speed decay 'naturally' without prop brake/reversers/brakes and have a slower deceleration it may detect a high 'taxi' speed even though you may still be on the runway rolling to the end. I'll try and find how long the timer is set for ask what plans, if any, there are to improve things.

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Actually, it does sense whether you're on the ground or not. However, there is a timer for you to slow down in before it starts checking for taxi speed. That time right now is 60 seconds.

But then again, as was stated in the other thread Rick, the speed calculated is ground speed, not airspeed. Windspeed has nothing to do with whether or not you get penalized as long as you're not trying to trust your airspeed indicator to give your taxi speed.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Rick,

As you've probably seen already on FlyNET forum, we have 60 seconds to slow to groundspeed of less than 25kts even if still on runway.

Rgds

John

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

I was stopped on the taxyway as i ran out of fuel just as i left the runway at 19 kts with no engine power, I got a "bing bong" overspeed Taxy message after i had been stopped for 30 seconds.

Wind was 28 kts and i guarentee i never overspeeded on the ground
apart from landing roll.

Ran out at 2000ft on approach

First exit less than 20 seconds after touchdown.

Regards
Rick

John R
Meteor
Meteor

Post by John R »

After this mornings penalty, I've started to select the GPS just as I'm about the turn off the runway, thus keeping a one beady eye on the G/S readout and the other on the taxyway.

I think I'll look around for a G/Speed readout gauge I could discretely place somewhere about the panel.

I'm enjoying the flying the flynet way, with FS Passengers running along side.

John

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Would'nt FS Passengers be happier inside the aircraft instead of running along side?

Regards

Sean

RAF_Pegasus
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by RAF_Pegasus »

S! Gents

Just a suggestion.

Why not add a 'ground speed' gauge to your panels.

Three possibles spring to mind :-

Pushback/Ground Speed (v1.1) = atngau11.zip
Adds a flexible pushback/ground speed control gauge with complete speed and directional controls for pushback and taxi operations.
Simple add-on gauge, could be added to any panel, or better, as a separate pop-up [window] in the panel cfg. Just dial in your required taxi speed an sit back.

FS Voice Message System v1.1 = fsvms11.zip
FS Voice Message System (VMS) is similar in idea to the "Bitchin' Betty" VMS you'd find in a fighter jet. You can use FS VMS with any of your aircraft to hear voice warnings when certain flight parameters are exceeded - and believe me it does nag!!!. Parameters can be set for ...ground speed...specific altitude ie to remember to switch on/of landing lights.
This sophisticated gauge is a bit more 'complicated', as it requires the various parameters to be pre-set.

Taxi Speed Control Gauge = taxi-speed_control_gauge.zip (note: is FS2K2 gauge but OK for FS9)
Very simple, designed in style and colour to fit stock aircraft panels like B737 etc.

All above gauges available at Avsim.

Regards
John
Like all humans, my brain is composed of two halves, however ...
The left side has nothing right with it, and the right side has nothing left in it.

andy

Post by andy »

Avant-Garde-Aclue wrote:Would'nt FS Passengers be happier inside the aircraft instead of running along side?

Regards

Sean
That's budget airlines for you.
Passengers now embark/disembark on the runway. Saves fuel on the taxi out/in. :smile:

John R
Meteor
Meteor

Post by John R »

Would'nt FS Passengers be happier inside the aircraft instead of running along side?
:doh:

John
Last edited by John R on 30 May 2006, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.