Taxy speed

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Wait until we get an Andover on the fleet.. they can depart out the back while we're still rolling then!! :lol:

In addition to those gauges John (RAF P) mentioned, there is also the old trusty RKGSpeed gauge which can be used to monitor groundspeed. It's small and tucks out of the way nicely. You can get it HERE if you're interested :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Rick Piper wrote: I got a "bing bong" overspeed Taxy message after i had been stopped for 30 seconds
Hi Rick,

I'm nearly sure the 'bing bong' is only heard as a signal that the client has 'accepted' the end of flight message and then displays the flight 'stats' where any and all penalties are 'notified'. The penalty 'tone' is.................now don't call me sad please, but can you remember the game Show 'Family Fortunes' where at the end, the two family members have to give answers to the same questions. If the second family member answers the same as the first, they get a 'tone' and have to give another answer. Well I reckon that tone and the FlyNET penalty tone sound pretty similar. Normally I would never own up to receiving a penalty nor for that matter, watching such drivvle on the TV - but my wife had it on at the time :lol: :lol: honest guv'.
It may be that the penalty was incurred on departure and the tone was drowned out by the sounds of the Darts. 'Tis just a thought.

Rgds

John

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

I got the Obuggritt bong today, landing lights on over 10000. The nearest sound to it I can work out is low E on a clarinet.

Regards

Sean

LongHaul
Comet
Comet

Post by LongHaul »

I must admit I never heard by Ohbuggrit fol landing lights on below 1000 today...then again, I was busy telling Gatwick ATC exactly what I would do to thier virtual behinds if they sent me around again... :gun: :axe: :axe: :curse: :lol: