fs9 crash

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

david balmer

fs9 crash

Post by david balmer »

having serious problems, fs9 crash twice in two days, with different aircraft but same time in flight, approx 2hrs once about 20ft from runway and today decending into egss 6000ft. screen goes black and the pointer turns between finger and sand clock. whole thing freezes and i've no option but to close down. thankfully i return to booked state. but it getting a little trying. :curse:

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave,

Just a thought, try turning traffic slider down to minimum and then work back up from there. Are you doing anything different from previous flights ? Have you changed any scenery? Have you changed any environment/weather progs? Are you flying real weather now and weren't previously? Just trying to get you thinking about what you might have changed and forgotten about. Sometimes it's the simple things that catch us out. I know Rick had problems in early days and turning traffic down helped I think.

Rgds

John

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

i have traffic turned down and i could change my setting. at this time everything is near max. so i'll try setting things lower. i have changed nothing ever since i started fly flynet. i have done a 750miles flight no problems but the two that have caused me grief have been less than 600. all done with fs sky no real live sky. one aircraft from rick and the other from dave malby. so i don't think it's the aircraft that doing it.
i will try a flight again tonight and hopefully get back to the uk.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave,

You could also try turning the FlyNET tracker off. In C:/Windows you will find the FlyNET configuration file. Open with notepad and change Tracker=1 to Tracker=0.

I don't think this is the prob as you have done long flights before but may be worth a go.

Rgds

John

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

ok lowered all my setting to mid high, also changed the flynet tracker to 0. now lets see what happens. when i returned to fs9 to reset i could actually pick up where i was about to land. only problem is would flynet do the same thing. AHHH WELLL i'll just try the whole flight again.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

second flight from egll to egss down to 5fps stutter. once down did spybot check and what do i find microsoft illegal enteries on my register. spybot removed and the whole computer sprang back into life. flew back to egll to test and great back to normal. might aswell leave setting for fs9 as is and go enjoy the flights. :yipeee:

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave,

Glad you got it sorted.

Rgds

John