Bugs, bugs and more bugs?

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Bugs, bugs and more bugs?

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi guys,

If you experience any 'bugs' whilst flying on FlyNET can you please post below in this thread. If you manage to find a fix or the bug was self inflicted, please edit your post appropriately.

This is so we can keep track of things and report issues to FlyNET.

Rgds

John

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Client crashed at some point between Aberdeen and Glasgow, so despite having returned to Glasgow, I'm still in Aberdeen with no time to fly the booked flight :curse:

Got the "Flynet has encountered a problem and needs to close "blurb, when I minimised FS to make sure the internet connection was still in prior to aplying the brake as I always do.

Fraser

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

Ditto near Liege, Belgium, 25000 ft, whilst between KOKSY and SPRIMONT VORs.

John

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Chaps... Make sure you have the tracker switched off. I know Konny is working on it, but in the mean time just change the flynet.ini file value to zero and you will be fine. :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

Exactly the same place as John. I've tried the flight twice now and it's just crashed out again.. having just past Sprimont VOR. I suppose I can route north or south of that position but I'm starting to run out of time :crying:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

Ben Watson wrote:Chaps... Make sure you have the tracker switched off. I know Konny is working on it, but in the mean time just change the flynet.ini file value to zero and you will be fine. :wink:
Thanks Ben, but mine is already set to zero to allow me to fly off-line. So
I'm afraid it isn't the answer.

John

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi John,

I wonder if it's an AFCAD conflict or a time issue, as in transition across time zones in FS9 that's causing your problems. DaveB may be able to answer how to check AFCAD conflicts. If it a timezone issue then you could try installing this 'scenery' add-on which fixes timezones in FS9. :

Download 'Timezone 3.0' from Avsim. There are also some updates 5, 6, 7 and 8 to get whilst you are there. It fixes transitions across timezones and has fixed issues with some peoples problems.

Rgds

John

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

RAF_Quantum wrote:Hi John,

I wonder if it's an AFCAD conflict or a time issue, as in transition across time zones in FS9 that's causing your problems. DaveB may be able to answer how to check AFCAD conflicts. If it a timezone issue then you could try installing this 'scenery' add-on which fixes timezones in FS9. :

Download 'Timezone 3.0' from Avsim. There are also some updates 5, 6, 7 and 8 to get whilst you are there. It fixes transitions across timezones and has fixed issues with some peoples problems.
I have Timezone 3.0 thanks, the updates you refer to are only for upgrading from v2.2.

If I have an AFCAD conflict, Dave does too as he has experienced
the same at exactly the same place. On the basis of that, my gut
feeling is that it is something with the client software itself, although
I'm not qualified to judge.

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

OK.. losing my rag with this and now out of time to do the flight. I can't be certain that SPI lies at the heart of this as on my third failed flight, I didn't use SPI for navigation. However, flying DTO (or as near as damn it) from Coltishall to Ramstein.. I was still taken within a spit. As it wasn't being used for navigation.. I thought I'd be safe.. WRONG. FS spit out again at the same point leaving me bewildered as to what to do next. :think:

To the very best of my knowledge, I have no additional AFCAD's in this area (I'm just about to hit lovely M$ default snow as the sim freezes.. ironic or what!) so I doubt that is a cause. :roll:

As I've lost close on 3hrs on this flight and am still at my place of departure.. I'll try and give it one more go after I've finished work this evening and risk losing profit by routing well out of the way. If this fails.. I'll cancel the flight and pay the punters.

Coincidentally.. Hobby had problems with these VOR's a week or so ago but for him, they were not reporting correctly. I traced his flight and slewed to SPI and the other two VOR's in question and found them ok :dunno:

Not a happy bunny.. no sir :curse:

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Righty ho..

The 4th run went ok both ways. On each occassion, I routed well south (a little over 32nm) of SPI/Liege (CIV and LUX VOR's to be accurate) so I'm now a tired but happy bunny. What a waste though :sad:

ATB

ImageImage