FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Post by simondix »

Did flight in Viking G-AJJN from EGLL to EGNT. Engine failed on touchdown at EGNT and stated Engine No1 Fire. Then docked points for landing at wrong airport. That is not so as both my flightsim and Flight Tracker confirmed correct destination. Can I have my 15% back please. Also aircraft needs fixing. Also FS Airlines shows me at Newcastle
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Simon..

I only got AJJN back to LHR yesterday after an extended period on station at Gibraltar. Having flown it down to the furthest reaches of it's route on the West African run.. I decided to bring it all the way back to LHR then take another one down. I was going to put it in to maint yesterday but couldn't decide whether to move it to Northolt or Blackbushe (LHR is not currently a Viking base though I hope to address this soon.. therefore, as both I and the aircraft were at LHR, it shouldn't really have been moved). So.. I decided to make that decision today and you've moved it and got a failure before I could get my hands on it. :lol: It WAS on 97.3 when I left it yesterday so the chances of a failure were getting greater with each flight.

Do you plan to do anything in it again or can I put it into maint??

Can't comment on you being docked 15%. Perhaps John can look at that for you.

EDIT.. AJJN is now in maint.

EDIT#2..
Simon.. the flight you booked was CBF1184.. LHR to EBOS. As you seem convinced you've landed at the correct airport, that is not what FSA was expecting hence you got a penalty. EGLL to EGNT is CBF1190!! Two morals here.. don't take an off station aircraft unless you know it's available and always check the destination airport when you open the client ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Simon,

Dave's nailed the prob/error on the head, nothing we can do about the penalties I'm afraid but it has had very little effect on your overall rating and the VA rep will soon recover. Reminds me of the story of the Trolley Dolley having made her PA welcoming the passengers onboard their flight to Gerona to be given quizzical looks from the passengers. One was so bold as to say to her that he was going to Genoa! Many more passengers agreeing with the pax caused the TD to hot foot it to the flight deck whereupon the FD crew refiled for Gerona.

Regards

John

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

The flight I booked was EGLL to EGNT is CBF1190. How it showed the EBOS flight I do not know. Despite what FS Airlines states I know if I am flying to Newcastle or Belgium. Even checked the flight info screen after I had booked. As I always do.

Dave,

Sorry about pinching the Viking, I just assumed being a Viking it was at Home base I should have checked. I will fly it back when it is ready.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Simon..

No need to worry about AJJN. EGNT is a base so it can stay there mate ;-)

I hear what you say about CBF1190. Whether it was a gremlin or late night/early morning lack of concentration I couldn't say and I guess we'll never know. I've hit/booked a flight before now and have been setup ready to go to destination 'B' only to find the flight information page showing destination 'C'. Had I not been alert, I would've ended up in the same situation. As it was, I quickly programmed FSNav for the destnation 'C' flight and ended up going where I didn't really want to go :roll:

Sri your flight rating got hit as a consequence but as there's no way of proving or disproving if you hit the wrong button or the client threw a wobbly, it'll have to stay as is.

ATB

ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Simon,

The details of the flight booking can be read from the debug file using notepad. Work backwards from the bottom of the file to find the start of the flight when you logged in and you'll see all the actions from log-in onwards etc.

Regards

John

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks for the replies. I will fly the plane back anyway then hand it back to you.
Simon

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Simon :wave:

No problemo matey. I'm in the process of ferrying Vikings around so I'm certainly in no hurry for it. LHR will be just fine :thumbsup: As you'll have seen in Aircraft and Routes.. LHR is now a Viking base so AJJN will be joined shortly by AJCE and a-n-other.. bugger.. can't remember the reg! :doho: That'll give the Heathrow boys the choice of 3 airframes without having to look too hard :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

A new client released today (v1.19). Just flown with it and all appears well. I could've done without an engine fire (APES) on landing but it's character building :lol: For info.. the airframe was on 97.5% on leaving Belfast and is now 97.4%. ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

A major patch of this release was fuel and after my last flight.. it doesn't look like it's worked. Fuelled up with 14,000kg and FSA says 13.994kg. It was bad enough losing 1kg.. I can't be doing with 6kg going missing. In the Rapide.. that'll get me half way between JER and GUE or to put it another way.. I'll be getting wet feet.

Keep an eye on what you buy and what FSA credits you for and report here if you see anything out of order ;-)

ATB

ImageImage