FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:shock:

No Chris.. something was definately not right there. I've had two separate engine failures in the Vanguard. The first failure caused engines 3 and 4 to cut but.. I was able to relight no.3. On the second occurance, I only had an outboard engine fail which is an inconvenience more than a disaster.
My presumption was that FlyNET had (somehow) found it difficult to kill just one engine on the Vanguard hence I was able to relight no3. If it kills an engine.. it will not relight so no.3 was in the wrong place at the wrong time. On the second failure, an outboard went (no.1 as it happens) and I didn't even bother to try and relight it. I feared for my electrical supply but kept avionics throughout.

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Chris..

Any further ideas on why you lost all 4 on the Vanguard??

ATB

ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

It drained all fuel out of both inner tanks (the only ones that had fuel). As such, I couldn't restart anything. Thankfully I was in the descent into Heathrow and was able to glide in (was at proper altitude for the STAR, but cut several corners to make it down in the glide).

That's all I know. The aircraft's status also dropped a couple of percentage points from where I was, so I'm sure it was a FlyNET failure.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

Just noticed this thread. I haven't noted a drop in our VA rep which it would have done if a FlyNET induced failure. The only parameter used to calculate the aircraft status % is descent rate at touchdown, failures have no effect. As I understand, FlyNET will only fail one engine anyway so my guess is something else caused the failure?

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ok Chris :smile:

I'd not noticed an 'Airline' drop either so perhaps it wasn't flynet induced :think: Still mighty odd mind you. Not had anything similar happen in the Vanguard which is normally such a reliable 'Wash & Go' type :dunno:

ATB

ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Don't know what would have done it other than the client.

Also, it's the only failure I've ever had on FlyNET, so it's odd for me as well.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

In future the easiest way to confirm a client induced failure is to check the VA rep immediately post-flight. If it's still the same as pre-flight then it was NOT a client failure, if the rep has been hit then it WAS a client induced failure.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Team..

Someone had a failure today and either didn't realise to report it or have forgotten to. Hope it wasn't me in the Tri3 earlier :think: I don't think it was as I took an Ambassador up straight away and by the time I'd landed.. 2 more flights had been completed and our percentage was 117%.

ATB

ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Dave,

I had a mysterious very heavy landing... flynet reported it at 2100ft per minute... although was nothing like that. I did check the VA rep afterwards and it was still at 120 so didn't think there was anything to report. Apologies if it was me.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

RGr that mate. It's a difficult one to nail down but it would likely have been me in the Tri3, DM or Lee in the 1-11. Lee is certain that all was well when he landed so I really don't know. He's in the air now so we'll be back to 120 by the time I've finished this :wink:

ATB

ImageImage