FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

This is becoming a bit tiresome isn't it :roll: There is another flight after Lee's done by Johnathan Price in the Dove and the rating is still at 116% (though I've a feeling it is not so much the number of flights done but the number of pax carried too so a few full VC10 flights should write it off in short order). Point is, it could have been at 116% and the Doves flight has made no impact with only 11pax carried but I'm not so sure. Lee is convinced (nay.. certain) his flight was good and the rep was at 120% when he checked it after landing.

Is anyone out there using RadarContact4 for live flights?? The only thing I can think of that could be causing a stir with the 200's is RC4 as I know Lee uses it. He got it the week before last and spent a few days getting used to it before going live.. which he did last week (the week just gone). I'm at LHR now so I'll pull a 200 for a quickie but I'm convinced it is not the 200 that's causing our repeated failures. It looks at present like Lee is being hit every other flight and that can't be right either!! :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Lee
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Lee »

John
Just looked in my Report out file and it say's VA Rep 120%.
But I did see that Jonathan Price did a flight first thing today at 08.00, Might of been Him.

Regards
Lee

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well.. it's not the 200 causing a prob (I knew it wasn't anyway) as I've just taken one to Orly and the rep has increased to 117%. The only thing to note is that I put a bit too much fuel in.. it doesn't burn as much as a 400!! :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Hi just finished a 100% non-failure flight from VHHX ti YPDN, in a...erm..well..VC15 ;-)

Reputation was 120 when I started but 116 when I checked after my flight...
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Gadzooks Dan. Must be another one of these annoying 'electrical' failures :tuttut:

Tks for posting :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Odd flight

Post by hobby »

I have just booked and flown a flight from Manchester to Ronaldsway.

The VA reputation was 116 prior to starting my flight and 117 on 'finishing.'

FlyNET appeared to be working at all stages until I was unable to lower my gear on ILS approach to Ronaldsway with 5nm to go touchdown.

I have no experience of gear failure in FlyNEt and continued my approach making repeated attempts to lower the gear on approach using my joystick gear button. NO gear. Continued approach thinking 'DaveB' does this frequently, must be my turn today!' Made arrival at Ronaldsway at about 100FPM ROD to find myself bouncing along never to properly regain control of the aircraft.

Checking FlyNET I found that I had not crashed.

I got out of FS9 and rechecked FlyNET to find that now I am still at Manchester! Earlier this evening prior to starting my flight I had logged onto FlyNET and received the 'Internal Server Failure' message but a couple of minutes later when I logged on again I was connected OK and received the 'Beep' signal when I released my brakes and so surmised that I was in 'flight OK' mode.

Unsatisfactory finish to the day.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi James..

This 'Gear Failure' is one of the misnomers of the FlyNET structure I'm afraid. If you have crash detection ON.. not advisable due to the amount of invisible structures FS9 contains.. then you will almost certainly writeoff the aircraft with untold death and destruction. If you turn crash detection OFF.. then the aircraft will not stop and go on in endless loops and turns. The end result is if you DO you're damned and if you DON'T, you're damed. The only thing I can honestly advise you do if you know your gear won't come down is to CTRL+ALT+DEL. If the server is active, you will be returned to 'In Hangar' state at your departure airport. If the server has dropped (or your connection has).. I'd advise you STILL bug-out of that flight.

It's not fair and hardly realistic but until Konny decides to get rid of this particular failure.. there is little else for us to do I'm afraid :dunno:

ATB

ImageImage

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Odd flight

Post by hobby »

Thanks Dave.

It is a matter of my own available time for FS. I had planned to complete two flights yesterday for I was to have a busy non-fs day today. I am rather keen to see our cbfVA succeed and become more popular and for me this means that one pre-arranged activity today has to be postponed so that I do not incur a VA fine which would, I assume affect all VA pilots in some way.

I think that gear failure is not an unreasonable failure mode, it does occur and in the real world aircraft do suffer punctures on touchdown. What does seem to be at fault is the way that FlyNET applies the gear failure mode at present. Perhaps this can go on Kony's list as a high priority 'to do' item.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi James,

If you miss flying a booked flight it will not affect the VA. What it will affect is your personal balance as you pay 'compensation' to the passengers that will 'miss' your flight. At some point it is inevitable that RL will encroach on your FS flying and a planned flight will not be able to be completed. The last thing I want is for FS and the VA to be a 'chore' if you feel you HAVE to complete the flight. If you want to fit it in then fine, but if you don't/can't please don't lose sleep over it. :wink:

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

James..

It is worth noting that some aircraft will respond to CTRL G to 'pump' the main gear down manually. You may find yourself having to go around and hold while they fall into place but it is possible.. on some aircraft. Unfortunately, both Fraser and I have sufferred this failure in the Viscount which is one of the aircraft on our fleet that doesn't respond to the CTRL G command :roll:

As John says.. if this happens and you lose your personal slot, don't worry about it. The VA's reputation remains as was but you'll find a few less virtual dollars in your account :wink:

ATB

ImageImage