FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Re: FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Post by NigelC »

Had a flap failure and gear failure on the way into Dusseldorf this evening. 1-11 G-AVML. Gear came down anyhow but flapless approach and landing was interesting. Over the threshold at 170kts and throw the anchor out.

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:-O :-O

Y E S.. a bit hot that one :lol: Can you remember what the 'maint' life % was before the flight Nige?? To have a double failure is most unusual *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

Think it was 98.7% or 98.3%, not really sure, but it was ok. MN was 99.X% but ML was my off station aircraft. Tried to get the approach low and flat to have better control of the speed but with the visibility had to intercept the glideslope. Then I got into the "you can go down or you can slow down but you can't go down and slow down" routine.

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr that Nige.. thanks for the info ;) Never had a flap failure but have had a few gear failures over my 3103 logged flights. Glad the gear came down for you in the end :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Flying 1-11 G-AVMR from EHAM to EGCC 25/1/12 suffered port engine fire after 15mins into flight No failures are set in FSX so must assume fsa failure Engine shut down (eventually) bottles discharged but alarm ringing at the way to Manchester
Dale
Image Image Image

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Quite realistic really

A light aircraft flying locally yesterday made an emergency landing with a gear problem and I don't think he had random failure turned on *-) 8)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Another engine fire! :-O This time 1-11, G AVMJ with 97.1 % remaining on route from Heathrow to Arlanda. Diverted to EHGG as still quite a way to go and bell doing my head in. Is there anyway to silence the bell after the engine is shut down (and bottle discharged) or is this a fsx thing ;)
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dale..

Bad luck mate. I honestly don't know how the fire bell sound behaves in FSX I'm afraid. Hopefully.. one of the FSXers will have some guidance ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

Taking a Viscount 800 (yes I know, but Frasers panel is too good to pass up) to ESSA and lost number 4 engine over Norfolk at 18800ft. No other engines affected and Anti Icing was on across the board. Unable to relight so diverted to Horsham St.Faith. Not sure if this was a flynet failure or not. Is there any way to tell?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ben :)

If you have txt notifications ticked in FSA.. you should get a visual warning that an induced failure has occured. If you didn't receive anything and you have txt notifications ticked.. it could be something else. However, experience with engine failures on FSA has shown no.4 is always the one to go. Other than by txt confirmation, I don't know of any other way to tell if FSA did the nasty deed and the aircraft is automatically repaired next time you fly *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage