FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Post by Garry Russell »

Just shows how accurate it is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Garry,

I've just posted across at FSA for the devs. We don't have a selection on the a/c data pages to say whether an a/c has fixed or retractable u/c so its one to be added for the future.

Dave,

Just out of interest, did you get the sim message on screen to tell you of the failure?

Regards

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John..

Yes mate. When I downloaded v1.2.1, I made sure the text message was clicked ;) As with the last few failures I've seen.. I got the message as the wheels touched down (in effect.. I'd landed). Not so bad with an engine fire as the engine can be shutdown but being told your gear has stuck after you've landed (even on a fixed gear aircraft) leaves you no chance to do anything and is pointless. Gear Stuck is an oddball error anyway as on many models.. the gear can't be pumped down so you have 2 options.. crash and continue rolling on the ground from country to country (crash detect turned off) or pull the plug on the flight :worried:

I can't remember which came first.. the landed message or failure/gear stuck but they were one after the other.

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Both engines failed shortly after take off from LGRP in BAC1-11 500 G-AVMV. As I did not have height or time to relight I aborted flight. When I did so FS Airlines stated I had attempted to refuel in mid-air.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Simon..

Yup.. now you mention it, I've seen the same on 2 occassions where the sim has frozen (ntldll.dll on one occassion.. g2d.dll on another). Flightsim closed on each of these flights followed by the client quickly reporting connection was lost then saying flight aborted cause I'd taken on more fuel!! John is away at the mo but hopefully, he'll pick this up and snag it to Konny ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Cheers for that.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

In circumstances like this, resetting/aborting the sim first will re-instate your fuel to that at start of flight so if the client is still running it will show this message as the sim is attempting to alter the fuel state. Best course of action is to pause the sim, shutdown the client, reset flight and start again. Simon if you have sim messages turned on in the client options then you will know for sure if it is client induced or pilot/aircraft induced engine failures, I don't think the client gives a double engine failure. Konny turned off the annoying climb/cruise/descend messages a long tim ago so it is no imposition having them turned on again. You should only see taxi/take-off/landed/on blocks for a normal flight.

Regards

John

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

No 1 Engine fire en-route Thessaloniki to Birmingham (just reached cruise at FL310), had the FSA banner message.

Diverted to Podgorica (LYPG) in Serbia. G-AZMF

N

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

Had No.3 engine on Viscount G-AZNC shut down on IOM to Teesside flight. I restarted it and had no further trouble. As I could see nothing wrong
with the aircraft I'm assuming it was a Flynet thing although as I have never had a Flynet induced failure before I'm not sure how you
can tell. The flight report states everything was OK.
How do you know when you've had a Flynet induced failure?

Steve

EDIT :
Not Flynet. I've just flown the Viscount and No. 3 engine just shuts down when it reaches the cruising altitude I've got set
in FSNavigator. I'll investigate further

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Steve :hello:

If FSA caused the engine failure, you'd not be able to restart it mate.. it remains dead until the flight has ended and the client has been shutdown. However, when you rebook the same aircraft, the faulty engine is automatically fixed so you can continue on your way. To the best of my limited memory, even though you may experience a failure.. the failure isn't reported by FSA on the Pirep. The only visual warning you get, besides the engine instruments, is a green/red text line at the top of the screen (like the taxi/takeoff/landed notification).
Again, if memory serves me right, I've only ever had engine failures on the outers.. usually No.4 on both the Viscount and Vanguard but it's been a long time since I had one and could be mistaken. The last failures I remember having under FSA both occured at touchdown and were both engine fires!! Not had one at any other point in FSA whereas under FlyNET.. they happened when they happened. Last one I had was funny.. FSA reported a main gear failure (again at touch down) and I was in a Rapide! :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage