CodeSharing...

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

CodeSharing...

Post by DanKH »

Hi

I just browsed a little over at FlyNET..

It seems to me that if you partner up with another airline, you have the possibility to fly codeshared routes...

If this is true, we have ourselves a whole new ballgame, being able to fly other (though not classic routes) but still....

So this might lead into a poll....If it is possible to have codeshares with other airlines, should we then do it (leave our authentic routings), or not (have the possibility to fly to even more destinations)....

If I'm totally off topic here, then please let me know, and delete the post...

I'm not pro or con either possibilities, just seeing them..
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

There are several other "Classic" VA's on FlyNET right now, including Lief's Venture Hawaii and PanAm Virtual (concentrates on the late propliner/early jetliner era of the late-50's thru mid-60's). It would be nice to have a "Classic VA Alliance" or something similar for all of the airlines of that persuasion to give some additional routes to fly without necessarily going outside of the VA's basic design.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

So far, the spirit of CBFS VA has been to operate, as far as can be ascertained, authentic routes with the aircraft. If there is a route that the aircraft flew then we will add it. We currently have the largest amount of routes and the biggest fleet of aircraft at FlyNET. We already have 3360 flightplans on the FlyNET database across all aircraft types with more still to be added. If you were to be type rated on all aircraft and fly one flightplan each day it would take you over 9 years to complete the task. Outside of alliances/partnerships etc we can quietly get on with our operations with no interference from anyone else. We always charge a standard fare on routes to avoid price wars with any other VA's. As far as codeshares, partnerships and alliances are concerned, so far, I have politely declined all requests, as looking at these options I cannot really see any great benefits and I want to keep the VA as simple as possible. You'd probably be surprised how much time has been spent by myself and the managers to get us to the point where we are today and my intention at some point is for the VA to to run effectively and efficiently with as little intervention as possible by your management team. So far the formula seems to be working well. Getting involved with third parties is just another cog in the machinery or spanner in the works depending how you look at it.

Rgds

John

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Good point John, and let's keep it that way. I was merely pointing out the possibilities. But I like your arguments, and agree with them.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?