Try this at home (autoupdate)

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Try this at home (autoupdate)

Post by DanKH »

I've tried some different approaches to make the autoupdate work.

If I use the autoupdate.exe itself it works.
If I start the Flynet.exe from the same directory as the autoupdate resides and click OK it works too
If I start flynet.exe from a shortcut (anywhere else) and click OK nothing happens.

You might all try the same approaches.

Or DaKurt might check his code to see where flynet wants to start autoupdate.exe

I've posted exactly the same over at FN
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Just posted this over at FN:

A small addendum:

If you have the flynet.exe and the autoupdate,exe in a directory structure that doesn't contains spaces the autoupdate works.

DaKurt there's your bug.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dan,

Still no-go with an autoupdate here. I have now moved my client folder direct to my D: drive so now the file structures are D:\FlyNETClient\flynet.exe and D:\FlyNETClient\autoupdate.exe and I still am unable to get an autoupdate. If I start the client I get the message that an update is available and when I click OK to update nothing happens. If I try start the autoupdate directly I get the message

So still not a 'cure-all'. To be honest, it takes just a couple of minutes to update manually and I think too much time is being wasted on an auto-update 'feature' when far more important issues need to be addressed at FlyNET.

Manual updates for me from now on until FN get a reliable and easy AU.

Rgds

John

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I get your point, you do of cause have the necessary dll in the same directory as well? (All 5 files to be certain...)

Also make sure you haven't pinned tha flynet.exe to the startmenu. That certainly doesn't work.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dan,

Tried all sorts of combinatons and won't work. Interestingly, the fresh download zip for 6.3b only had the flynet.exe, the autoupdate.exe and the .dll so newbies would only have these three to start off with anyway.

It would appear that the new client is still not working right as Joe did a flight this morning in G-ASGD to OIII and it still shows full value and 100%

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John,

I didn't even attempt autoupdate this time as manual works just fine for me.

Ref your comment on Joe's flight.
I picked up AGRS in the very wee hours of this morning and this was one of the 4 zero-dollar aircraft we had at one point. I noted her maint % was still 99.7% (as it had been prior to the first update going wrong) but her value had returned to 300.000v$. I booked a flight from Southend to Le Bourget and flew it there and then. On landing (0fpm-100%), I checked the overview then fleet pages and her value has dropped to 299.099v$ and her maint % remains at 99.7% so something is definately working. I can't be certain as I don't fully understand how the new changes work but could it be that engine wear accounts for the loss of worth and my zero FPM landing meant no change in the maint percentage??? This would be logical given the circumstances :think:
I have a flight booked from Le Bourget to Birmingham which I'll try and squeeze in this afternoon and will check her stats on landing :wink:
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave

Konny/DaKurt are aware that there are still probs (I caught Konny on MSN) and DK is 'working on it'. I don't know what DK is using to monitor the engine hours but I suspect that whatever it is is causing the prob. One VA had a flight which knocked off 20% of the a/c status and sent value to zero, don't know if they were same event or not. Our status seems to be static. Even if Joe's flight had not registered the a drop in % if the drop was less than .1% it should still have registered a small drop in value from v$45M but it hasn't. The errors across VA's do not seem consistant.
At the moment, the bug is in our favour so we can fly as much as we like and not see drop in maint' state or values, but it would be nice to see it working properly. Ref the aircraft that are currently showing v$0 value I suspect they will be re-instated as and when we need to perform maintenance.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John,

Well.. thats the thing. AGRS IS one of the 0v$ aircraft according to my logs. I picked her up earlier in the week as a brand new aircraft from Manchester.. 100% and 300,000v$. I flew her down to Birmingham.. then from Birmingham to Le Bourget (99.8%).. then to Southend where her maint was down to 99.7%. We had the first of the disruptive updates prior to me departing Southend for Le Touquet and after that flight, she remained at 99.7%. From Le Touquet to Manston (99.7%).. Manston to Luxembourg (99.7%).. Luxembourg to Manston(99.7%) and it was here that I noticed (after Dan's prompt) that her value was zero. Two further flights were done in RS before I left her at Southend and picked up another aircraft (AIXR).
Throughout.. I have not touched AGRS as far as maint is concerned and revisiting her last night I found her value was back to 300,00v$ as indicated in my first post, and her percentage remained at 99.7%. After THAT flight (Southend to Le Bourget) her maint remained at 99.7% but her value had decreased to 299,099v$.

For Joe's flight, I'd have expected the value (based on engine wear) to have decreased (although by how much I really couldn't guess) so it does seem that the problems they've introduced have not gone.. just moved.

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ding Dong..

Well.. that's my theory disproved. Have just done a further 2 flights in AGRS and she's still at 99.7% with the value remaining at 299.099v$ :roll:

Never mind. I suppose now is as good a time as any to get those heavy landings out of our systems :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Well i have to admit i had a heavy landing in G-AHOU and she went from 100% and lost £3000 in value. Thinks i need to fly in clear conditions without wind as it seems i'm rubbish at crosswind landings :redface:

Richard
ImageImage