FlyNET 0.6.5b Re-Released

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

FlyNET 0.6.5b Re-Released

Post by Chris Trott »

Well, after some much more extensive testing by DaKurt and Konny, they think they've found the problems with the fueling system. You now have 2 methods of fueling your airplane -

1) 'Standard' - You have to ADD fuel to what has been left from previous flight. Enter '0' if you are happy with what's already onboard. If you need more fuel then just enter the amount you wish to be ADDED. - edited by Quantum 20.1.07 1525hrs

2) Comparative.

The second method is very important to get right -

1) Start Flight Simulator and load it until you're in the cockpit.
2) Fuel your airplane to your desired fuel load.
3) Start FlyNET.
4) Select the "Comparative" fueling method.

FlyNET will now check the previous fuel load against the current fuel load and charge you the difference.

***IMPORTANT*** Make sure your new amount is equal to or greater than the previous amount. If it's less, then you'll loose the fuel you bought.

Also, the client now remembers the fuel level in EACH tank individually instead of a lump-sum. This means that when you re-load the plane, if you choose to add no more fuel (using the old method) the fuel will be distributed as it was at the end of the last flight, so be sure that you don't do anything wierd or you'll potentially get a very odd imbalance of fuel.

Link to the new version is on the FlyNET home page.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris,

Tks for that :smile:

Tried it this morning and no problems. In fact, I quite like the new 'Standard' setting where you only have to enter additional fuel :wink: The only thing I found a little disconcerting was on completing the flight and reducing the sim.. seeing the page saying I was at LHR (where I'd just flown from) had me scratching my head but it obviously doesn't update.. even though the rest does :smile:

Nice.. so far, so good :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!