New client 6.6b and possible minor problems

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

RAF_Quantum wrote: Hi Colin,

Are you looking at your wages on the flight report or are you actually comparing your personal balance before/after flight? On the flight report your wages will always show -v$ as it's part of the calc to deduct your wages from the flight revenues. If you are getting your wages deducted from your personal balance then there is a problem. Please make a note of your balance pre/post flight next time to make sure.

Re Client crash and unable to refuel, yes that's a new bug. Once you have refuelled with 'standard' once, it will not let you do it again. Option is to compare or load individual tanks.

DK doesn't seem to be able to make his mind up what 'ADD' means. On original clients we have always entered total fuel required. On 6.5b we had to ADD what extra fuel we needed over and above what remained on board. With the latest client, despite what the client window says you have to enter your total fuel required NOT what you want to ADD.

Another thing, despite what DK has said, the Client DOES write to the database. If you add fuel and bail out, the aircraft gets refuelled for free as the refuel amount that you requested is written to the database and is remembered.

Rgds

John
Hi John,

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

My mistake - my personal balance is increasing. Don't know why I've never noticed that wages are always shown as minus before - my humblest apologies for wasting your time.

Think I'll go and sit in a dark corner of my Argosy's hold and reflect on all possible meanings of 'foot, open and mouth' :smile:

Rgds,

Colin
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

St.Paddy
Meteor
Meteor

Post by St.Paddy »

Given all of the evidence I have seen in this post perhaps we should all 'bail out' and make some money for the boss!! :wink:

Tim

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Get busy working on type ratings instead.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

An edit to my last for those of you still brave enough to fly using 'Compare' mode.. to NOT lose the fuel you've put into an aircraft, hit the PAUSE button before reducing the sim and opening the client. It can read what your aircraft has loaded via fsuipc so as soon as you're ready, reopen the sim.. hit the P and off you go :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I have no intentions what so ever of using such a bad developed client where there seem to be more workarounds than actual features.... :roll:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?