New client 6.6b and possible minor problems

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

New client 6.6b and possible minor problems

Post by fighterpilot »

A new version of the client is available but it seems to be causing problems, standard fuelling not working and some money issues, see the flynet forum.

Richard

Think i'll leave my african trip until there is more data etc on this client.
Last edited by fighterpilot on 21 Jan 2007, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

6.6b.. ALREADY?????? So.. 2 day's between versions is ok is it?? :roll:

Wonder how much this is going to cost me? :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

6.6b fixes the fueling issue that DaveB brought up and adds in the "DETAILED" fueling option that was inactive in 6.5b. DaKurt released it early because of the fueling bug.

There is 1 report of fueling problems and that's with the STANDARD mode. The other 2 work fine. We are in the process of figuring out the exact details, so it may not be a problem at all other than user error if what I think is happening is what is happening.

There is 1 money issue being reported by a user who now has negative funds in his PERSONAL account, however he has not flown a flight since he upgraded, so the problem may be something wholly unrelated to the new client.

Richard, please take more care when making a post next time. Your post reads like there are serious problems. There are not and right now it looks like a case of 2 people pushing the panic button before doing their due dilligence on their problems before screaming 'bloody murder'.

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Apologies, but i thought it would be useful to let people over here know what appeared to be happening, in hindsight maybe i should have called the thread something like 'possible issues' or not posted so promtly but i think that i was right to highlight the new client here.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Chris..

Just to clarify.. my 'bug' was found using 'Standard' mode mate. I have no need for the other, slightly more complex options as I believed they were only introduced to placate those users with 'unique' payware aircraft that required fuelling through their own software :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

What I mean Dave is that DaKurt fixed the "doubled fueling" issue. He found that the Center1 tank was being recorded twice in the Database when it was saved and that is what caused your issue with the "STANDARD" fueling mode. In actuality, I find that the "COMPARE" mode is actually easier to operate than the other two because you can use other programs (like some of the fuel planners and refueling gauges I have for certain aircraft) to fuel the airplane and then the client will charge me for whatever I added based off of what it showed I ended the last flight with. In that way I know that all of my tanks are fueled correctly for the airplane I'm flying and I'm still getting charged correctly. I also don't have to convert all of my readings into any particular measurement since I can fuel using whatever measure I want in the sim. For the Piper Navajo, I use Gallons; for the HS.748 and many others, I use pounds; and for the Vanguard and others that have such gauges, I use KG, and the client doesn't care which I use because it does the conversions itself.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris,

Rgr that. It hadn't been mentioned (or at least I'd not seen it mentioned here) that the problem was double fuelling the centre tank :wink:

I couldn't put hand on heart and say that this wasn't an infrequent problem with 6.4b (I'd never seen it) but Lee complained the other day that he'd taken off in the Trident from LHR.. all usual until he noticed he'd gone into a stall :shock: It could have been finger trouble with his loading.. nothing hard and fast here but resetting the flight sorted it. Anyway.. 6.4 is now gone so that's incidental.

Tks for clarifying what the problem was :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

If any of you are looking in.. these 'minor problems' are not so bloody minor. Mr DaKurt has f*cked it up and big time.

I have loaded up 6.6b and put my Trident at it's start position. FOB was correctly identified as 4574kg (the amount remaining from my last flight) and for the onward journey to Geneva, I loaded an additional 4900kg. I didn't really need this much but as gas is more expensive over there, I took advantage here and planned a much smaller refuel for the return.

I selected 'Standard' as it's always been and checked the page for further changes. The only obvious one was the addition of the 3rd option. Now.. the bottom of the page was showing FOB 4574kg and the top window showed 0 with the legend Enter Amount of Fuel To Be Added. What does that mean to you?? It means to me that there is 4574kg onboard and I put into the window the amount of fuel I want added.. in this case 4900kg. What happens.. I am sitting at the end of the runway with 4900kg onboard :curse:

Taking a chill-pill.. I bug out, restart the sim and restart the new Client. At the STANDARD page I try to add 9474kg (the TOTAL amount) and it tells me there is not enough space to take that fuel on.. Couldn't set fuel, too much fuel for aircraft :roll:

WTF is going on here prey tell?? For a start, the Tri3 in its standard trim will take over 20000kg onboard so why does 9474+4900 go over the top?? Secondly.. do I try and add 4574 (the original amount of FOB) and risk sitting on the end of the runway with 4574 onboard??

If I lose this flight due to DaKurts faux pas.. there will be merry hell to play :-$

ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave,

In the meantime until this gets sorted, refuel manually in FS9 and then use the compare option? Just a thought.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John,

I've just managed to get into the air and found already that 'Comparative' is the only other option. You do have to fuel the aircraft to it's FOB figure plus the additional you need for the flight which is a pain in the butt but it is a successfull workaround for those either wanting to fly or are stuck with the dreaded 'Couldn't set fuel' warning box. It remains to be seen how I get charged but that info will be with me in around 1hr15m :smile:

So, in conclusion.. the new 'STANDARD' does not work.. not even a little bit.

ATB

ImageImage