New client 6.6b and possible minor problems

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Right.. that appeared to work though I don't think I'll bother flying again until there is another new client (maybe there's one already!) :smile:

Just noticed Steve Gill achieve a whopping v$18m (some way over in fact) in a SVC10. Is this some sort of record??

Oh.. before I go, can we have Concorde now please as we can afford to fly them with fuel being so cheap.. er.. free :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

I'll tell you how that happened Dave. (Not intentionally I may add)
I fuelled up for the flight using the new manual way of filling the tanks and put 43000kg in.
Took off and realised i was probably a bit short so I
reset the flight and put another 7000kg in but the 43000kg was already there and was only charged for the 7000.

So loads of millions of dollars.

Steve

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did wonder :lol: It took me 3 looks and a check on your flightlog just to make sure I'd actually seen v$18m and all for 7tn :wink:

Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together :shock: :think:

ATB

ImageImage

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

ROFLMAO

Dave -- I feel you pain (not) Jon M just set a record for a Comet I think
Houston to Mexico City with a 14 Million dollar profit - Shame BOAC/BEA could never do that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leif

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Let's consider it payback time for all those missing KG's we've lost everytime we've topped up :lol:

v$18m is a remarkable figure for a VC10 but I agree.. v$14 for a Comet is something else!! :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi again Guy's,

Not that it really matters much as 6.6b is known to be a dog but if anyone in authority is looking in.. it also takes more fuel on loading than it's previous 1kg per pick up.. this using 'COMPARE' mode. Twice today I've had cause to top up the old Trident3.. first time I fuelled it to 8913kg and 6.6b reported 8906kg.. the second time I fuelled the aircraft to 8921kg and 6.6b recorded 8914kg. Not sure if this is unique to the Tri3 or just coincidence but I'm not happy losing 7kg on every run :roll:

Hands up we all go back to 6.4b again and let DaKurt develop a separate system for the payware jockies!! :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

I've just done a flight from EINN to EGCC in the Argosy and my wages were MINUS $2371 :shock: Is this one of your new economy measures John? :lol:

I've also suffered the client crashing and then not being able to add fuel.

I second the motion from the right honourable gentleman from Reading for a return to 064b!!

Rgds,

Colin
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Hmm. in the light of the resent changes, and several other occasions similar, I think I will set my participation in FlyNET on standby, until this so-called "BETA" phase is either over, or that DaKurt will listen to common sense and introduce some proper testing procedures.

I don't want to feel as a Ginny-pig no more. I have stated my point of view on this on several occasion, both here and on the FlyNET forum. It doesn't seem to be taken into consideration.

We have just seen two releases within two days, one claiming to have solved the refuelling problem, the other one to resolve a "whoops"! introducing other "whoops" as well.

Thank you, but no thank you. I will stress that I consider this whole idea to be really potential and great, but things a growing either out of hand, or taken care of by immatures. So for the time being or until some more serious development has been proved I will go on standby.

See you all hopefully soon on FlyNET, I'm going to use my time on this splendid forum instead, and further implementation of my retroAI setup :-)
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

The problem seems to be that Claudio can't seem to just leave the code alone. Every time he fixes one thing, he changes something else to "improve" things and instead breaks more stuff. What we need to do is roll back to 6.5 and fix the doubled center tank and hold there for a bit.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

You are absolutely right there Chris. It's a poor developer that adjust more than one thing at a time, and even poorer if he (or she) doesn't get his (or her) code tested properly. Preferably by someone other than him -(or her) -self.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?