New client 6.6b and possible minor problems

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

If he could do that Chris.. I'd be happy, though there was a prob with it remembering your loaded fuel if the flight had to be cancelled (or it did it itself). Very nice I know and many have made a fortune out of it but it's not cricket is it really :tuttut:
Using 'COMPARE' doesn't remember your loaded fuel if the flight fails as I found out this afternoon. My NICE trip had routed over what has become a right pain in the butt for me.. the GAP NDB and on hitting that waypoint (on the descent I might add) Fsim threw an error followed by FlyNET. I'd looked at the flightplan before setting off and didn't notice the NDB :doh: On restarting and loading up the Trident manually.. FlyNET was showing my correct (earlier.. preload) fuel :wink: I don't like this method of operation though as it is impossible to load the Trident to exactly what I want.. something FlyNET manages to do :poke:
On reflection.. I may just limp back from NICE and hang my headset up until this blows over. I have some beta testing to do anyway and this seems as good a time as any to get it done :wink:
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Post by ivanT3 »

I too am a little lost here. With 6.5, standard mode added to what was already there. {20+20+40} I was not aware that this had changed back in 6.6 so , for my last flight, I entered 8000KG hoping to get 12000 {there was 4000 in the tanks}.. Well, I ended up with 8000KG. So then, not having enough to make EFHK, I bailed on the flight, restarted both FS and Fly net and used Compare mode to get 12000KG of fuel. It seems it left the 8000 KG in the aircraft with out charging me? and we made over $11,000,000 on the flight. :dance:

I'm still not clear on how it's supposed to behave in ANY of it's operating modes but if it's going to steal a little fuel each flight, {even though I just unintentionally stole from it}, perhaps we should hold off Like Dave B says?

I was hoping to get some flights in.. I wish they would take the time needed, or just leave it alone..

Oh well,

Ivan..................................

If you're REALLY mad at a fella, walk a mile in his shoes. This way, your a mile away from him and you have his shoes!!

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

I have certainly beeen holding off until we see the problem solved, hopefully it will be sorted in the next few days, the current settings and whether they work or not is to confusing to risk problems.

Richard
ImageImage

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Flynet

Post by hobby »

After an enforced break of almost two weks while family members visited from USA I have decided not to fly with FlyNET until we return to stable v6.4 or have moved on to the next stable and correctly working next edition.

Just returned to flying duties today after the above break so I am somewhat disappointed to find system at present definitely precludes any of my time being spent flying for our CBF VA.

St.Paddy
Meteor
Meteor

Post by St.Paddy »

I have just downloaded Client 6.6b but have not yet opened the file to update.

Will I still be able to fly using my old 6.4 version?? I am still a penniliess newbie!!

Tim

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Unfortunaly they don't allow you to run with older versions.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

No the client wont work with an old version which is why we are all at a bit of a loose end and having problems.

Richard

perhaps the thread title should go back to what it was originally :)
ImageImage

St.Paddy
Meteor
Meteor

Post by St.Paddy »

Oh well! :think:

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Effoh wrote:I've just done a flight from EINN to EGCC in the Argosy and my wages were MINUS $2371 :shock: Is this one of your new economy measures John? :lol:

I've also suffered the client crashing and then not being able to add fuel.

I second the motion from the right honourable gentleman from Reading for a return to 064b!!

Rgds,

Colin
Hi Colin,

Are you looking at your wages on the flight report or are you actually comparing your personal balance before/after flight? On the flight report your wages will always show -v$ as it's part of the calc to deduct your wages from the flight revenues. If you are getting your wages deducted from your personal balance then there is a problem. Please make a note of your balance pre/post flight next time to make sure.

Re Client crash and unable to refuel, yes that's a new bug. Once you have refuelled with 'standard' once, it will not let you do it again. Option is to compare or load individual tanks.

DK doesn't seem to be able to make his mind up what 'ADD' means. On original clients we have always entered total fuel required. On 6.5b we had to ADD what extra fuel we needed over and above what remained on board. With the latest client, despite what the client window says you have to enter your total fuel required NOT what you want to ADD.

Another thing, despite what DK has said, the Client DOES write to the database. If you add fuel and bail out, the aircraft gets refuelled for free as the refuel amount that you requested is written to the database and is remembered.

Rgds

John

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Another problem, if you complete one flight and then fly another without restarting the client, the second flight will not be recorded.

MAKE SURE YOU RESTART THE CLIENT BETWEEN FLIGHTS.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.