anyone willing to try...

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

John, that's the reason for having multiple Admins now. We know when other Admins make changes and can correct them when they step out of line. He did change the post and he admitted it (which actually took a bit of courage as most would never admit it) and that he was wrong to do so. Since then, we have changed our procedures and no thread is supposed to be deleted, instead it is to be moved to a hidden "Trash Can" where it will reside for some time. Now, Claudio didn't do this, and he's been reminded of the fact that the Admin/Mod team agreed to the new procedure as a group and he needs to honor that agreement.

Hopefully things will smooth out a bit, we're pushing for Claudio to be a bit more patient and understanding of people getting frustrated about the recent events so we can only hope that he takes it to heart as he's the primary client coding person.

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Post by ivanT3 »

Sounds Good Chris. Glad to hear there's positive action being taken. This is good news!!

It occurs to me that there must be a way to more completely test these changes with a small group. This small step could save so much confusion. Again, I understand that these folks are very busy people and I stand by what I say when I say I'm impressed with fly-Net and hope it continues to grow. We all are frustrated when this happens and I understand how the reaction could seem overwhelming on their end also. It might be good to have a forum where folks can sort of blast away with the idea that there would be no profanity but they could at least blast a bit. Most forums have such a place and the mods confine this sort of venting to one spot and pretty much ignore it. :lol: :lol: .. Then, the rest of the place stays nice and clean..

Things seem to be working now and I'm going retrieve my Trident :dance:

Best

Ivan......................

If you're REALLY mad at a fella, walk a mile in his shoes. This way, your a mile away from him and you have his shoes!!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Chris,

It seems very strange that Konny should give free rein to DK with these Client updates. Prior to DK appearing, the Client updates seemed to progress quite smoothly. Now, all hell breaks loose on a new release. The 6.8b outwardly looks to be OK, time will tell. It's just a damned shame that this version evolved due to bad coding in the previous two versions in such a small timescale. It certainly looked like no testing/checking had taken place. Konny has bult a very nice programme and web and it would be a shame if DK dragged it down due to his incompetency. Don't get me wrong, I know its free and it's 'beta' but if he knows about coding he should be able to sort things out with one hit.

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Yeah. DK did a lot of the original programming for FlyNET and did a pretty good job, but from what I can tell, this has been his modus operandi (sp?) since he started and Konny kinda asked him to stop and he left for a while and then came back. With Konny a bit limited on time due to his new job (learning it & stress from it esp.) DK kinda came back at a time when Konny didn't have a lot of time to keep him under control. His ideas are good and his programming fundamentally sound, it's his ability to double check it before releasing it that is lacking and something we're trying to convince him to change.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Good to hear that he is under obs Chris :-)

The reason I went into a fury, was his verbal attack on one of the most active pilots on FlyNET, stating a (in my view) very clean and noble comment about the new client.

There is no excuse for such a verbal outburst, and that alone will keep me from posting at FN for a very long time....!
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Oh, I agree fully with you.

BTW, Claudio has agreed to the "closed BETA/open BETA" method so the Admins and some others will be given "BETA Usernames" and there will be a "BETA VA" created to allow us to test new versions on a smaller group to find the problems before releasing to the whole community. Hopefully this will mean that most of the major bugs get found and all we have is the odd bug due to odd compluter configurations or something small enough to be a minor annoyance and not a major headache.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

That is, by far, the best news I've heard from FlyNET for quite a while!

Good Job Chris! (and to your fellow admins of course)
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?