Client 6.8b

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Client 6.8b

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's,

I've just done a return LHR to Northolt in the Dove using 'Standard' mode and it's worked fine this time around. I've not had the opportunity to try either Compare or Detailed (which did.. to all intents work throughout).

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Post by ivanT3 »

Thanks Dave!! You've been a champ and right on top of this.

Good reporting. I'll go down load it.

Ivan............................

If you're REALLY mad at a fella, walk a mile in his shoes. This way, your a mile away from him and you have his shoes!!

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Might give it a quick check later, although where i are no particularly short flights and i'm to stingy to buy a ticket elsewhere :lol:

Richard
ImageImage

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Dave B

I flew a 1 hour trip in the Merchantman - burns look right - and I used the "manual" method loading each tank - everything worked out fine - however there still seems to be a glitch in the math - it showed I burned 2340kgs
which for a one hour flight at mid altitude seems not bad for a Vanguard
but the difference between the starting fuel and fuel remaining is about 100 kgs out on what they show burn. Neither of which I mind it gave me 5.5 mill profit on a cargo flight

Leif

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

I just played about with refuelling the SVC10 and the Standard and Detailed refuelling loaded the correct amount of fuel onboard.

For the Standard mode you enter the amount you want to be added.

For the Detailed mode it shows you what is already in the tanks. If you are happy with the amount don't change the figures. If you want more then you can enter the amount REQUIRED. Whatever numbers are entered is what you will have in the tanks. So, although it says "Enter amount of fuel to be added", read it as "Enter amount of fuel required".

As DaveB, I haven't tried the Compare method and at the moment we don't have any aircraft that would need to be refuelled this way.

I suspect most folk will use the Standard mode although the Detailed mode will be handy for the Viscount pilots with low fuel loads.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

A half a dozen or so flights later and 6.8b appears to be stable. Restarting a flight after failure has no surprises either as I found out this afternoon. While crossing the channel in a Dove, my pc restarted itself (bugger!!) so I opened fsim, set the flight up again and opened the client. The FOB figure was correct and although it didn't detect I was actually still in a Cessna (default load aircraft).. it DID say I couldn't get the fuel requested onboard. I feared the worst and was about to go 'Compare' mode when the penny dropped and I realised I'd not selected the Dove!! :lol: That done, I reopened the client, selected 'Standard' and was off on my merry way. Good work.. at last, from DK.
I note also that the client no longer takes a kg off each load.. you ask for Xkg and Xkg is what is loaded :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Thanks for the info Dave.

Rgds

John

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Has anybody done two flights without reloading the client yet?
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Joe,

No mate. I always close down the client after each flight as a matter of course.

ATB

ImageImage

Pringle
Trident
Trident

Post by Pringle »

blanston12 wrote:Has anybody done two flights without reloading the client yet?
Do you know what, i've had a problem twice where the client crashed on me mid flight, now thinking back it may have been down to the fact i'd flown 2 stories without closing it...

hmm :think:
We are the unwilling, led by the unqualified, doing the unnecessary, for the ungrateful

LIVING THE DREAM