Client 6.8b

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Leif,

That's a fair bit of variation though you can see similar with the Tridents.. another one of those aircraft that makes dosh in bucket loads due to the data being incorrect. I'm at LHR at the mo so I'll pull one of the Merchantman flights and have a look. I think the nearest to a 1hr flight is CDG which might be a bit short. Could just be that that particular route is a 'sweet' one.. where fuel price/fuelburn/duration all fit nicely :wink:

EDIT.. rgr that Dan :wink:
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave

No idea why the name has been reversed on the Client page. My guess is that DK just has to tinker with as many things as possible even when they aren't broken :-#

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

That figures John and anything less would be a disappointment!! :lol:

Leif..
I think we must all concede that you guy's must be the worlds top Merchantman pilots. I have just tried the LHR-CDG run and made a paltry v$3.596.400.. and that without taking onboard any fuel!! :shock: I chose APES and didn't check FOB before the flight (I rarely do) and was staggered to find that ChrisT had left her with 12,000kg onboard :shock: :shock: :shock: I ended up having to give her rather more 'large' on the go levers than I normally do just to keep airbourne but my block fuel was still within 17kg of that planned :wink: Blk time was 49mins so I doubt an extra 11mins would have pushed me up to the v$5-8m mark. You sure you guy's are running Merchantmen and NOT standard VC9's?? :think: Either that or your cargo is illegal! :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

I've been flying the vanguard alot recently and it certainly does make a nice tidy profit, haven't flown a merchantman yet though, ay have to give it a try though.

Richard
ImageImage

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Nope all our Guardsvans are out in the Pacific - the Merchantman work US and Caribbean routes - seems we are all getting good numbers from them
(prehaps your right - its those black plastic wrapped bales in the back of the aeroplane that are making the profit :dance: :worried: :lol:

Actually I looked at the other conclusion - and fuel prices are cheap in the Carib - some FAR to cheap - To my best knowledge (like yesterday) fuel in the Dominican repbulic is going for 3.00USD PLUS a Gallon (Bonded no less) same with San Juan - so even if the fuel price loaded into Flynet is in Liters - its still a little to cheap.

Ive offered a couple of times to slip them our reallife fuel prices (from a
reputable US broker) for the US/Canada and the Caribe

Cheers

Leif

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave/Leif,

The biggest difference is the multiplier. CBFS is on 300 and VHA is still on 500. Your last flight Dave, would have made nearly v$6m with 500 multiplier.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. now that makes sense :lol:

Out of interest, I've just flown MYER to MBPV in a Guardsvan and my figures are very close to Leifs. His last flight was 1hr11m with a blk fuel of 2340kg and mine was 1hr9m with a blk fuel of 2211kg. I have to admit I'm rather confused as to how Scott managed 1hr3mins and a blk of 1431kg (the v$8m flight). A faster point to point and a saving of over 900kg points to a tail wind associated with the @rse end of a typhoon!! :think:

ATB

ImageImage

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

The routing probably figures in to

I go down what to Stella Maris and turn the corner - he goes GPS direct

plus I think he doesnt stagger all the way up to 9 grand

thanks for checking Dave

BTW - theyre Hurricanes in the Caribbean and Typhoons in the Pacific
we get to deal with em both :lol:

Leif

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stagger UP to 9grand :shock: Strewth.. I thought I was being generous keeping at FL150!! Even if you route that Nav to Nav using FSNav, it's almost DTO matey so I guess there's little difference there. Btw.. I could have got my figure even closer to yours had I chosen to backtrack and park at the ramp :smile:

Tks too for keeping that little part of the Empire stocked with goods :thumbsup:

ATB

ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Just had an odd and very annoying problem, don't know if flynet related. On finals after a 2 hour flight, get bonged for not having landing lights on, Next thing i know the flight is reloading and i'm back sat at my departure airport with the flight restarting itself. Any ideas what has happened here? Think i'll cancel the flight as i don't fancy doing it again.
Richard
ImageImage