Client 6.8b

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Tom,

That's a possible cause. It's always seemed natural for me to exit having ended the flight.. less chance for any problems and in any case, I've always been under the assumption the client was a 'single use' prog. Try exiting after you've ended the flight and see how you get on :wink:

incidentally, I've been running 6.8 all day over some 9 flights and it's performed perfectly.. breathes sigh of relief :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

DaveB wrote:my pc restarted itself (bugger!!)
Which version of FSUIPC.dll do you use?

I just went out for a EGLL-TXKF flight and suddenly without any warning at all ..puff.! there goes FS....resetting everything of course....but no reboot.....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Just to add that my one and only flight so far went fine client wise but i had an odd problem with the ATC, whilst flying over North Africa i was constantly getting automated weather reports and i couldn't communicate with ATC, bloody annoying don't know why i use it.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dan,

I couldn't say off the top of my head. It's not the most recent but relatively new :lol: I don't think FSUIPC has anything to do with this.. not in my case anyway.. but I've been proven wrong before :roll: Fsim didn't error or anything like that.. both monitors went black.. then a beep as the POST did it's thing!! :axe:

ATB

ImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Well I got this one in my eventlog:

Application popup: fs9.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x67c83376" referenced memory at "0x67c83376". The memory could not be "read"

at which there are millions of reasons, most of them due to either bad programming or....well .... bad programming :-)

But alas no sure indication of who the culprit might be.....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

St.Paddy
Meteor
Meteor

Post by St.Paddy »

If I could just add my 1/2 penny worth - and possibly muddy the waters :wink:

Just flown a VC-10 EGLL-EGAA with no problems whatsoever. It was my fourth attempt though.

I had DaveB's problems with refuelling on the first two (6.6b) but found that I could not get rid of the full tanks when trying the 'Compare' method the second time around. As I was going to EGAA I 'binned' the flight as there was no way I was not going to run out of runway at Aldergrove with virtually full fuel and a full load of Pax (a Vat of 165!).

My first attempt at 6.8b was uneventful. That was until I turned off the runway at EGAA, stopped, called 'Ground' before applying the parking brake. Then...nothing happened...no 'bing-bong'..or anything! :dunno:

Needless to say, when I quit FS I found myself still at EGLL but bereft of most of the fuel I had put in. It may well have been something I did - or did not do. :dunno: :dunno:

This last time I taxied to parking on arrival - no problems.

Tim

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Tim,

The delay after applying your Parking Brake varies mate. I couldn't say exactly why this is but the presumption is that it depends on the amount of users online and/or the amount of users who are landing at around the same time. I've started to panic a couple of times today but stood my ground and the 'bing-bong' eventually came. Another reason for the 'bing-bong' not coming is if you've lost your connection. It sounds obvious I know but there's no way to tell if you've lost your connection when you're fullscreen.

I have also noticed this evening that our names on the client page have reversed.. eg, I am Booker David :shock: I can't remember this being so prior to 6.8 and can't for the life of me understand why it's been done. John.. any ideas??

ATB

ImageImage

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Dave, Tim

Ive had the same Looonnng wait for Bingbong - Seem to remember
that its supposed to be a minimum of one minute after you reach 25 knots But it has been a long time - I landed at Provedenciales backtracked all the way down the runway and parked set the hand brake and was two thirds through shut down checklist before I got bonged (on a Merchantman) I also notice that either we are flying the Vanguard/Merchantman better OR the client likes it - as two of us are flying Merchantman routes at the moment and getting 5-8 mill for one hour
sectors.

Leif

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

blanston12 wrote:Has anybody done two flights without reloading the client yet?
Hi Joe,

There's a note from DaKurt on FlyNet dated 25th Jan saying you have to restart the client after every flight
http://flynet.en-studios.de/forum/viewt ... highlight=

Rgds,

Colin
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Just replaced my "evaluation version" to the official version of fsuipc (3.71) and up till now, no errors....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image