How do I switch?

New pilots report here for all info regarding recruitment and airline rules.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

dmelia
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

How do I switch?

Post by dmelia »

Hi guys!

I'm already registered on flynet, but listed against another airline, Venture Hawaii. I've got no problem with Venture Hawaii, I've only just started, we have to fly 20 hops IOE on a budgie or a dove before they let us loose on the "good" stuff, I'm only a few flights in. Anyway.... it might be nice to switch to CBFS - at least I'll get to fly in the UK, which means I might get more VATSIM time. I'm also a listed pilot with BAV, Delta VA, and Invictjet - yeah, I know, sommats gotta give!

So my question is... how do I switch? If I resign with Venture, does that leave me registered with Flyswat so I can pick classic british instead?

Oh and if Tridentman reads this.... thanks for showing me round zulu kilo yesterday, its a beautiful piece of work (I was the one carrying a motorcycle helmet).

Drew Melia

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Yes, to switch to CBFS you need to resign from VHA and then apply to CBFS. Plus you will probably need to buy a ticket to get you to the UK.

Resigning from an airline does not remove you from flynet.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

dmelia
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dmelia »

Thank you Joe. I might stay with VHA for as long as it takes me to complete my IOE, then fly myself to the UK, and switch then...or is that bit cheeky?

Thanks Again

Drew M

Captain Pugwash
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Captain Pugwash »

that's not very sporting, you have to think of the va .once you have ditched the aircraft the va have to return the aircraft you are flying back to base. that will cost a lot of cash. would be more honest to quit and move over to cbfs. might be nice just to give you boss a message and say why you are moving over to cbfs. leaves everyone happy and no bridges burned.
never know you might what to go back to hawaii someday. just a thought.

dmelia
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dmelia »

yeah, I was thinking about that... it would leave a VHA kite out of position... having said that... it seems someone took me seriously and they erm....fired me for it. I can only imagine, since some one registered here, is also registered there, that some discussion has taken place. I thought it was a bit odd when my profile showed me as not listed anywhere, so I joined CBFS... So it seems likely that I can expext to get fired from here too.

I'll message their CEO now anyway, just to apologise, then I think I'll bow out altogether. Might have been interesting, but it sounds like it needs to be taken way, way too seriously to have any fun, so thanks for your advice, and enjoy, but I'll be on my way

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

dmelia wrote:Thank you Joe. I might stay with VHA for as long as it takes me to complete my IOE, then fly myself to the UK, and switch then...or is that bit cheeky?

Thanks Again

Drew M

Drew

Most of Venture are regular on this forum.

You seem to be trying to say it was a joke or at least not serious.

Your intentions seemed quite clear.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I could comment here but I won't.

Wall's have ears Drew.

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!