New Recruits please post details here

New pilots report here for all info regarding recruitment and airline rules.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: New Recruits please post details here

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris :)

Rgr that ;) I'll allocate a training rating for the 1-11 500.. 6 flights please as this is your first rating.. upon successful completion of which, I'll open up the 200's and 400's for you :cpu:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

4535jacks
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by 4535jacks »

My name is Gary and I am Looking to join the VA. I mainly fly the HS748 and have recently completed quite a few flights on VATSIM including last nights EGLL to EGCC event. As a RW PPL I particularly love flying without an FMC and using VOR/NDB/ADF nav. I amnow learning to fly the Trident. Any advice on how to join the VA would be welcomed.

I only fly freeware as my system is very low performance (laptop) and so probably could not handle a lot of the Payware aircraft. I have downloaded all of the CBFSIM aircraft and the DM jetliners but are there any other classic passenger aircraft with good vc that I should consider downloading?

Regards,

Gary

4535jacks
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by 4535jacks »

My name is Gary and I am Looking to join the VA. I mainly fly the HS748 and have recently completed quite a few flights on VATSIM including last nights EGLL to EGCC event. As a RW PPL I particularly love flying without an FMC and using VOR/NDB/ADF nav. I amnow learning to fly the Trident. Any advice on how to join the VA would be welcomed.

I only fly freeware as my system is very low performance (laptop) and so probably could not handle a lot of the Payware aircraft. I have downloaded all of the CBFSIM aircraft and the DM jetliners but are there any other classic passenger aircraft with good vc that I should consider downloading?

Regards,

Gary

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Gary and welcome :)

First thing to do is go to FSAirlines and register (it's free). When that's done, you can apply to join us. DM will send you a joining letter instructing that you register here (that bit you've already done) and on completion, your application will be accepted :) Next.. let us know what aircraft you'd like your first training rating on and that will be issued. On completion of 6 training flights, your status will change from Pilot Under Training to Pilot and a full rating on that type will be issued. Then.. you start making virtual dollars for yourself and the airline ;)

The aircraft you choose is completely down to you. You'll be under no pressure to fly all the time (no rosters) or on a particular type. Our routes are taken from RW period timetables so where a particular company flew with a particular type.. you will see routes and aircraft to match. We ask that 10 fare paying flights are done on a type before requesting another. You don't have to take another rating so if you're struck by one type, you're free to fly that for as long as you wish and as often as you wish. There is a 3month cutoff period with FSA.. something we have absolutely no control over but all you have to do to remain current is to login at FSA once every 3months.. there is no requirement to fly B)smk

On the subject of type ratings.. should you wish to apply for another at any point after you've completed 10 fare paying flights on your current type.. your next TR will be 4 flights before a full rating is issued (as opposed to 6). If you don't fly a type for a period in excess of 12months, your rating will be considered lapsed and you'll be required to do 2 refresher training flights upon completion of which, a full rating will be re-issued.

For details on the various penalties and the way FSA works in more detail, see the training forum :)

Now.. additional freeware aircraft with 'flyable' VC's.. that's a difficult question to answer.. especially for me who (to all intents) retired from VA flying some 3 years ago. It'd probably be easier for you to fire a question off in the crew room asking if (for example) anyone knew of a decent freeware 'Aircraft A'. One of the current pilots (or forum members) will get back to you if they know of one ;)

Anything else we can help you with, don't be afraid to ask ;)

ATB
DaveB :)
ImageImage

Bruinman92
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Bruinman92 »

Name : Jeffrey Belk
Hobbies : Anything that deals with flight and racing, love a good book and geocaching when time permits.

Sorry for the bullet points everyone, been looking for time to get this intro post out of the way but overtime has been killing my time on the computer the past week. I will do a more formal introduction when time permits.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Welcome to the forum and the VA Jeff :thumbsup:

As soon as DM has accepted your application.. let us know either here (preferable) or via PM at FSA which aircraft you'd like to start with and we'll set you up ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

christian
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by christian »

Name : Christian Spoerer
Hobbies : FSX,Cycling and losing weight :)

christian
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by christian »

Hello,
Iv'e joined FSAirlines a few days ago so I'm guessing I'm just waiting for someone to get in touch with me?

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Hi Christian and welcome aboard.

I've accepted you over at FS Airlines.
Just let us know which aircraft type you want to do your 6 training flights on and we will set that up for you.

Cheers
David
ImageImage

christian
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by christian »

The Islander please

Thanks