Flying the FlyNET way

New pilots report here for all info regarding recruitment and airline rules.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Why is this so damned difficult? I spent a whole day flying a plane I have come to detest to find that it won't refuel for a flight from Stansted to Munich and I binned the flight and I lost virtual beer coupons. Not a happy teddy! Oh yeah and why is it everytime I log in to flynet do I get the message access verboten?!!! I log in after setting up FS and selecting a F'ing 100 at Stansted and then choose a flight I'd like to do. HAH! think again Dick Whittington. Not amused

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Not opened the Jack Daniel's yet, but I am bloody tempted to do so

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Avant-Garde-Aclue wrote:Why is this so damned difficult? I spent a whole day flying a plane I have come to detest to find that it won't refuel for a flight from Stansted to Munich and I binned the flight and I lost virtual beer coupons. Not a happy teddy! Oh yeah and why is it everytime I log in to flynet do I get the message access verboten?!!! I log in after setting up FS and selecting a F'ing 100 at Stansted and then choose a flight I'd like to do. HAH! think again Dick Whittington. Not amused
1. Book Flight - Select route, then aircraft. Check Briefing document and it will tell you your zero fuel weight.

2. Start FS9, park at airport where you are flying from, and in the aircraft you are using. DO NOT PAUSE YOUR GAME OR YOU WILL NOT BE REFUELLED - The client programme needs to 'talk' to FS9 and it won't if you are paused.

3. Start Client programme and select 'Fly Booked Flight'. If your fs9 acft and location tally with your booked flight, you will get the refuel option. The figure in the box is the current fuel state. If the current fuel state is sufficient and you don't need to refuel just hit the refuel button without changing the numbers and thats what fuel will be loaded onto your acft. If you need more than the current fuel onboard then change the numbers to what total fuel onboard that you require.

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

RAF_Quantum wrote:DOH! typo sorry. Post amended. Do not use an aircraft if it's status is below 96%.

Tks and rgds

John
John, must disagree with this. If you don't use it below 96% then you're wasting a whole lot of money. Right now, it costs you the same amount of money and time to repair the plane whether it's at 96% or 90%. Run the plane down to the minimum for the block then repair it and run it again. I'd point you to the thread at the FlyNET forums, but I still can't get the darned website to work.

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Hmmm, this interesting

Reinstalling has not fixed the problem, I still get this message, been fighting this for about 12 hours, time I went to bed.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Sean,

Sorry you appear to be having problems. Not sure how you are 're-installing'.

Download the FlyNET_058b_noAC.zip as per the link given
Unzip to a folder of your choice and you will see a folder 'FlyNET - Client'. Inside this folder you should have the FlyNET client exe (the one with the blue 'FN' icon PLUS the 'libmysql.dll'. Now all you need to do is create a shortcut on your desktop or wherever you put your shortcuts and oint the shortcut to the 'flynet.exe'. The first time you run the client a log file is created, and then after your first flight is completed a 'report.out' file and a '382.out' file are created. Keep them all together in the same folder.

Any more probs please holler.

Rgds

John

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Chris Trott wrote:
RAF_Quantum wrote:DOH! typo sorry. Post amended. Do not use an aircraft if it's status is below 96%.

Tks and rgds

John
John, must disagree with this. If you don't use it below 96% then you're wasting a whole lot of money. Right now, it costs you the same amount of money and time to repair the plane whether it's at 96% or 90%. Run the plane down to the minimum for the block then repair it and run it again. I'd point you to the thread at the FlyNET forums, but I still can't get the darned website to work.
Hi Chris,

Fokker 100 Check A costs v$840,000 and is out of service for 1 day
Fokker 100 Check B costs v$5,600,000 and is out of service for 3 days

I know because I have incurred the charges. I think you'll find that Konny changed the maintenance schedule quite recently. I am trying to convince him to link the % drop to hours flown and if he still wants to factor in a heavy landing, I have suggested the client removes the aircraft from service for an hour to repair burst tyres and bills the VA automatically for the repair costs

Rgds

John
Konny wrote:Hey there,

We have new maintenance system. I hope you'll like it, it is a bit more realistic.
Instead of instant repairs you now have to send the aircrafts away for maintenance. How long this check needs depends on the status of the aircraft:

A-Check: 100-95% ; 1 day
B-Check: 95-75% ; 3 days
C-Check: 75-40% ; 7 days
D-Check: 40-0% ; 14 days

For the time the aircraft is in maintenance it won't be available for flying and afterwards it returns with 100%.

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Yippe it works, Did EGSS - EDDM and EDDM - EGSS with only a 2% attrition on the airframe. I did get confused by the log in sheet and clicked 'cancel previous flight' and thereby have lost 3,000 beer coupons. Should'nt that read 'Cancel Current Flight' and not the flight you just completed?

Regards

Sean

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I've asked for the checks to come in dependent on time as well (several others chimed in on this before you joined the forum too). He's busy finishing school for the year, so hopefully he'll be able to knock out several of the big issues in a few weeks.

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Can you fly using Fs's in-built IFR ATC or do you have to fly IFR but without using ATC?

I'm asking this because I never seem to be able to grab the glide slope
if I'm not flying IFR through the built in ATC.

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.