Designated bases for fleet aircraft

New pilots report here for all info regarding recruitment and airline rules.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

A JP would be nice... a hunter would be possible, but maybe that would be pushing it a bit. lol :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Chris/Joe..

Rgr and thanks for that. If Joe's info is correct.. that open's up the ball game by some way as many if not all of the in-house produced warbirds are currently only available on the civil register in the UK.. those airworthy at least :wink:
I'd not considered a warbird at all and that will probably remain so. Purely for maint costs.. a Chippie remains at the top of my very short list (thus far a list of one!) so I'll continue to look in that direction :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

From the sentiments of the forum when the issue was raised, there was a general dislike of adding any former combat aircraft (what they consider to be "warbirds") as a personal aircraft at this time and the DB Admins have respected that sentiment as it seemed to not be within the scope of what FlyNET was really about to have a lot of aircraft like Corsairs, Hurricanes, Spitfires, etc out there as the whole purpose of adding in the personal aircraft was for two reasons -

1) Moving between airports without having to buy a ticket
2) Currency
3) Vacation/Relaxation

Basically, for the primary reasons that real-world airline pilots have a light airplane in their stable if they do.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

My comments on warbirds must be considered only a proposal, Chris is the expert on flynet rules. One thing to consider is that right now these old warbirds in civilian hands are quite rare and when available are very expensive. A quick search I just did showed several ww2 prop fighters in flying conditions in the low millions USD and retired Jet fighters in the hundreds of thousands. Since in flynet the prices of AC are supposed to reflect market conditions there are not going to be that many of them.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Very fair and reasonable comments guys. :wink:

ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Been trying to follow this one... does this mean that there will be a chippie? :think:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I think Ben that you can have (within reason) whatever you desire as your private aircraft.. with the exception of old warbirds. The major considerations are purchase and running/maint costs so it's wise to be careful about what you spend your virtual $'s on :lol:
A Chippie would suit me down to the ground.. I think Chris said he was after a Cessna 310 so as long as your request is realistic and you can afford it.. the world is your oyster :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I'm after a 210...but nevermind that.... :roll: :roll:

Yes, if you have reasonable data on the aircraft and it's not what we consider to be an "offensive" aircraft, we'll let you add it to the database and buy it.

Now, if someone ever makes an A-26 Corporate Conversion (like the Dee Howard conversion), or one of the other, albeit rare, conversions of former warbirds to business aircraft, I would personally approve them, but would have to ensure that there is an agreement between Konny, the users, and DB Admins that it's "acceptable". The point mainly being that the aircraft need to be "useful" (i.e. not be just a drain on funds to be flown at airshows).

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

A Cessna 210? WOW! I would have thought a Shorts 360 would be more your style, you could keep it at the trailer park and nobody would know it was there. :smile:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Avant-Garde-Aclue wrote:A Cessna 210? WOW! I would have thought a Shorts 360 would be more your style, you could keep it at the trailer park and nobody would know it was there. :smile:
Steady on... I was tinking of a shed for my private hack! lol :lol:

How do we work out the costs for something... I have a few ideas, but not sure how the finances work out.

ImageImageImage