New routes

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

New routes

Post by simondix »

Where does one put a suggestion for a new route. How does one go about it. Do you have to trial it first.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Re: New routes

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Simon,

Wherever possible our routes are authentic and have the correct aircraft that was used on a particular route. Dove is obvious exception as they is primarily used as crew hacks. What did you have in mind?

Rgds

John

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Loganair used to do a Glasgow to Broadford service in the late 70's and early 80's. It was discontinued when the grants were withdrawn... I can remember seeing Trislanders flying into Broadford and I believe Islanders were also used.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

Broadford is not a stock airport. AFAIK Scotflight payware is the only version available. Can't find any info on Loganair past servces to Broadford?

Rgds

John

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Seemsto be a complete lack of info. It was post 1972 as the airfield wasn't built until then. I seem to remembrer it was a morning arrival from Glasgow. I will do a bit of research.
Simon

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Top Man Simon :)

If you can find it.. it'll certainly be considered for inclusion ;-)

The VAST majority of our routes (Dove being the exception) are accurate for the aircraft flying them. Some artistic license is taken with timings as it's physically not possible to make a 'whole years' timetables availble in one go. There are summer and winter variations (which can't be built in without a LOT of duplication) so 'guesstimates' or averages between the two are chosen ;-) New route info is always welcome.. especially in obscure places.. so good luck with your search :cool:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Can anyone lay a runway for those that don't have Scotflight? :dunno:

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Can't you do that with AFCAD John?? OK.. you won't have buildings e t c but that's pretty much like the default Scotland is like anyway and anywhere is better to land than nowhere ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Dave

You can add some scenery to a new afcad with the likes of Rnwy12 Object Placer or ASD - However you will need
Flattex by Mario Corallo which is a very simple Flatten and exclude tool prior to placing the AFCAD :)

I found this photomap of the airport -
http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/scotgaz/feature ... s1334.html#

Does anyone have a copy of Pooleys with "Isle of Skye Airport" in it - I'll be glad to lay something out for our friends at CBFSVA :)
Looks fairly simple runs paralell to the shore - doesnt look to have any aids

Leif

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Have I started something?

The only reference so far is a Highland Council Meeting Minute sheet from 1971 referring to the building of the airstrip. I have looked on Google under Isle of Skye Airport, Broadford Airport and Loganair but apart from that and recent posts about starting new scheduled flights nothing. Interestingly the minutes referred to starting services with a 'DH7'.

I can definitely remember Loganair Trislanders not so sure of Islanders. I can also remeber we used to get a Vulcan come through the Inner sound on quite a few occassions. So often it was known as the 1 o'clock Vulcan.
Simon