Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Re: New routes

Post by DispatchDragon »

Ben/John

I have the FS9 version almost complete - including blister hangar and windsock and access road - I have ONE major
problem - Im using Flattex (and boy it needs it) but cant figure out how the string goes to scenery.cfg
Anyone know what the set up is for both flatten and exclude in scenery.cfg for FS9??

Other than that its done

Leif

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Having seen everybody pull together on what was just a suggestion I am very impressed and glad I joined CBFS
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

John Thanks for the photos - you answered one puzzling question - what the smaller apron was - reading through the blurb
it appears its used as a landing area (with storage) for ASR helicopters - so I'll add a Conex onto the south side of that
apron - I have lots of huts and things in EZ Scenery does anyone know where I can find a PortaKabin and I'll add that to the
main apron - BTW it will come with low intensity runway lighting - that hopefully will be VHF activated. Looking at the scenery in the photos and the scenery I have in FS9 (I think it maybe Scotflight) they match rather well the only thing missing are the shoals that appear on OS map just to the north of the runway in the bay

Simon - Thats why we aer all here - its really quite fun buggering around with odd stuff - a bit like doing a Sherlock Holmes

Cheers

Leif

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Leif..

I've spent over an hour looking for a Portacabin (Portakabin).. so long in fact that Fsim decided it had waited long enough and spit me out :roll: Can't find one I'm afraid. Trawled Allnodes too looking at the various libraries available and still nothing :-( Can anyone with a modicum of skill in max or FSDS knock one up for inclusion into the EZ-Scenery/SOL perhaps??

EDIT.. Here's a link for the manufacturers.. http://www.portakabin.co.uk/pullman.html . Something like that Leif??
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

WOW those are fancier than the ones we lived in on the side of the apron at Luton :lol:

Heres the photo lifted courtesy of Johns excellent find on Aerlines

Worst come to worst I can use Conexs -- there also appears to be glider trailer parked behind the closer Portacabin (Thought
they had gone all Euro on me with the K :lol: )

Thank you for your help Dave - at the moment the biggest hang up is how to phrase the exclude and flatten strings as I said
then we will be in high cotton

Leif :flying:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I thought they were a little 'Posh' too. The ones in that shot are much more along the lines of what I expected to see :lol: I'm really surprised no one has made a Portakabin for the SOL/EZScenery. Surely they can't be unique to the UK??

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

St.Paddy
Meteor
Meteor

Post by St.Paddy »

Hi Simon

Richard has emailed me today and has offered to look up the times and flight numbers the next time he uses the CAA Library at EGKK.

Isn't that nice of him? :goodman:

Tim

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Yes. Thanks
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

St.Paddy
Meteor
Meteor

Post by St.Paddy »

DispatchDragon wrote: Worst come to worst I can use Conexs -- there also appears to be glider trailer parked behind the closer Portacabin (Thought
they had gone all Euro on me with the K :lol: )

Leif :flying:
Leif

The glider trailer possibly houses AMF Chevron microlight G-MWPW. This is owned by a guy called Tom Westman who lives a few miles away. There are no other residents there as far as I know.

Incidentally, the Dove can be operated from there. If anyone can remember the opening scenes of the film 'Flash Gordon' (and remember the music! :rock: ), the opening scenes were shot from the strip at Broadford where 'Flash' and the bird board a dove to fly somewhere only to crash when the evil Ming the Merciless materialises. The dove was actually present as I saw it there when travelling home on leave. If I remember rightly, it was operated by Fairflight out of Biggin. I didn't cop it anyway :-(

..another excuse to watch the film again perhaps :think:

Tim

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Always wondered where it was filmed - I believe it had a phony N number on it for the film??

But the scenes of it in flight make sense looking at the scenery

Leif