Non-British aircraft

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Non-British aircraft

Post by blanston12 »

Acquired two of each and gave them appropriate BMA registrations. Now we just need to fly them home.

Edit: I transferred one DC-9-15 from South Africa to EGLL so we can start training, the other is in France. And we have two DC-9-30's in Arizona. I will put in some basic transfer routes.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Arizona! Ok, so do we have to get the TR via the training flights then go get the other?

Paul

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

That's bout the size of it Paul I've copied the TRs I made last night to Dc9 15 and 30 models. So I hope they come visible once Joe gives you TR
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Dale and Paul, I gave you both TR ratings for the DC-9, and changed the aircraft type for the CNB8520 routes to use the DC91 DC93 aircraft.

I did a search for DC-9 sim models and found both the Sky Simulations and CoolSky versions are compatible with P3D v4, does anyone have experience with them or have any other recommendations?
Joe Cusick,

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Good news and Bad news, the BMA timetable I ordered off E-Bay arrived today, it says that at that time it operated 37 aircraft including 4 DC-9's (thought it would be more) the rest are mostly 737-300/400/500.

Bad news, the time table does not list equipment on the routes, so I am not sure how much help it will be. Do we assume they could have used the DC-9's anywhere?

I found another TT for October of 1987 (5 quid), according to planespotters.net their fleet at that time consisted mostly of DC-9's.

Again, should get it next week.
Joe Cusick,

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Joe, the 80’s would be a good representation of DC9 usage. I think it was the early 90’s most of the 737’s started arriving. From what I can tell, there wasn’t much jetliner activity with British Midland at EGNX, most was from Heathrow.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Info off Prune tells me last BMA Dc9 flight was April 1996 in G-ELDG EMA - MME
I found some posters recalling flights from EMA trawling though Prune.
EMA-AMS
EMA-BFS
EMA-IBZ
EMA-PMI
Hopefully not exhaustive
These may tie in with your timetables Joe
Posters at Prune say Dc9s were often used as a substitute usually for turbo prop a/c.
My sim dislikes LHR so banking on East Midlands ;)
Image Image Image

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Hello,

Just noticed- the DC9 according to our VA fleet details has piston engines and no weights recorded against it. I also get an exceed max landing weight on my FS Airlines report. I aren't- I'm no where near in fact. I have all the weights to hand if anyone needs them, but we could also do with them listing as jets.

Thanks,

Paul

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Yes I saw them listed as piston engine, and I wondered if it would throw up wrong aircraft error in the client I did do a test and booked a flight at the weekend just to see if I could get the client to load up and all appeared OK. Couldn't find where it gets the engine data from as the Dc9 aircraft info on FSA shows them as 2 jet Not to sure about the weights I think it depends to an extent on the sim model you use
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

PaulC wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 12:50
Hello,

Just noticed- the DC9 according to our VA fleet details has piston engines and no weights recorded against it. I also get an exceed max landing weight on my FS Airlines report. I aren't- I'm no where near in fact. I have all the weights to hand if anyone needs them, but we could also do with them listing as jets.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul I ran the numbers on your flight, with 100 pax, 1984 kg of cargo and landing with 3900 kg of fuel you were 1325 kg over the landing weight of 37,059 kg. FSA does not look at your actual landing weight, just calculates what it should be based on the manifest said it should be.
Joe Cusick,