Non-British aircraft

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Non-British aircraft

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

Some of you may have noticed a couple of additions to the fleet that are non-British, although they remain in the spirit of CBFS VA by being older, 'Classic' aircraft - no glass cockpits here! We are currently looking at the viability of having a small wide-bodied fleet - Tristar/DC10/B747-100 to offset costs of possible Concorde operations. Concorde is currently a large loss maker on FlyNET and no-one operates them on a regular basis due to the losses incurred. Introducing a wide-bodied aircraft with potentially larger profits would allow pilots to offset the losses and 'balance the books' with 'wide-bodied' flights. Additionally, you will see some smaller non-British types which will be added for variety. All these aircraft have been operated by British airlines at some time in the past, and most, if not all are no longer flying in large numbers, if at all. You may see the odd flight logged on FlyNET for testing purposes but the aircraft will not be available for general use until announced - no TR's will be given until then. A second fleet has been created on FlyNET to segregate the non-British from the British types, so you will see what aircraft will be potential 'keepers'. Existing non-British types have been moved into this fleet to join them. It will take a while to research the routes so please be patient.

Regards

John

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Non-British aircraft

Post by simondix »

I don't know if I am allowed to reply but I need to ask. Will there be props and turboprops in the fleet?
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

One thing for certain is that the B741 ( I assume 747-100 ) is a nice little pilot earner
See DaveBs' two flights. You could retire to a nice cottage in the country with earnings like that!

Steve

:dance:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Hi Guy's..

Don't be afraid to ask anything mate ;-) I can't remember the exact proposal that was put forward but it certainly includes the L049 Constellation and B377 Stratocruiser. We are not at this stage ruling anything out. If it flew for UK based airlines up to the end of '79.. it's fair game ;-) This doesn't mean to say that all aircraft up to '79 will be included. There is at least one type (which will remain unnamed at this point) which is fair game but we're not happy with seeing it in the fleet. It may come in limited numbers for a specific airline but that will be when all other avenues have been exploited :lol:

The 747-100 flights are looking promising Steve. There are issues with the freeware model under test that are being looked at and the only way to test with any certainty is to do it live hence, my pre-delivery flights in the U.S. I'm certain they can be overcome so watch this space ;-)

In addition to John's statement above, our intention is to supply all types with paints for the aircraft registered. They will not be different to the same degree as say the Vanguards, Vikings or Rapides.. more along the lines of what DM did with the Tridents, that is, registration changes. All the relevant detail required for each model will be supplied along with any information necessary for our operations and paint packs will be made available here.

I'm very much looking forward to this new era for CBFS. Inclusion of the types we hope to use will not dilute our existing fleet in any way but they will enhance our operation offering not only new aircraft but in some instances, new routes and destinations.

We'll keep you up to speed of developments as and when they happen ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Simon,

Still some discussion going on at the moment but likelies are :-

L049 Constellation (1 on fleet for testing)
Fokker F27-200
DHC Dash-7
B377 Stratocruiser
CL-44
B747-100 (1 on fleet for testing)
DC-10-30 (1 on fleet for testing)
B707-320C (1 on fleet for testing)
Lockheed Tristar

Regards

John

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

Hi Dave

I've always been after a good (freeware or payware) 747-100 but never really found one that fitted the bill for me.
(just picky i think :) )

Steve
Last edited by stegs on 15 Aug 2008, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The 707 is on the list above

It is the 320 but I think the 420 should be there as well as it was developed for BOAC :)

I doubt if Fly nets would differentiate between the two so either could be used as a visual model I would think. :think:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

Missed it Garry :roll:

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Post by Tarasdad »

Well now, this is an interesting possibility, indeed. Especially considering that the L-049 Connie is my all-time favorite propliner and I probably have more FS hours in HJG's 707s than any other two aircraft combined. :yipeee:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We need to get you off your sick bed and flying again mate so this is one tonic the doctors here have prescribed ;-)

Getting constant results on the Connie have eluded me up to now mate but we're on the case :)

John has chosen the 320C for now but that may not be the end of the story. I for one will be happy to fill the skies with smoke from a Conway 707 too ;-)

Steve..
I'm running the freeware POSKY 747-136 at the mo (v4) with a non default panel for the v2 model :o We have to go with what is available 'freeware' first then at least our pilots have a choice of that or their own payware model. There isn't a payware 136 as far as I'm aware though I've bought the CLS 742 a few days ago to use as a comparison. While the freeware model is the right version in the right paint.. it's been so designed that it is punching above it's weight in real terms. The default model comes with ZERO load and even at this, it struggles to match the figures. Loaded, it's struggling even more though ends up being a more interesting experience as you cannot insert AP and leave it to it's own devices. It will fall from the sky at FL240 which isn't what we're looking for :roll: Of course.. you can fly it empty for now and it'll struggle under FSNav from FL280 which is better but not much use come judgement day when FlyNET can adjust loading so this is what my current testing is addressing ;-)

By comparison.. the CLS 742 can be flown 'fire and forget'.. it's RB211's producing a noticeable increase over the 136's JT9D's and at full load too ;-)

We're not sure which way to go with the Tristar yet. The Vista Liners model is a 100srs and the payware Aerosim is a 500srs. The 100 is longer with higher capacity seating and lower range and the 500 is shorter carrying less pax but over a greater range. At the moment, our leaning would be toward the 100 as revenue is of greater importance than range. We'll see ;-)

To continue with our current policy, NO aircraft/route will be offered for payware only models so the pro's and con's of each are very much to the fore :cool:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!