VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Non-British aircraft

Post by Chris Trott »

Garry Russell wrote:The 707 is on the list above

It is the 320 but I think the 420 should be there as well as it was developed for BOAC :)

I doubt if Fly nets would differentiate between the two so either could be used as a visual model I would think. :think:

Garry
FlyNET does differentiate between the two and AFIAK, there are entries in the database for both as both aircraft have different operating weights and ranges. The 420 was not simply a 320 with RR engines, there were other aerodynamic and payload changes made to fit BOAC's specifications.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

That's good news Chris

I know there were a lot of differences in the real aircraft but f;ynet does not alwwas or usually even seem to allow all subvariant..like wuth the Comets.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Garry,

I added the B707-420 yesterday as there wasn't one on the database. FlyNET will allow as many variants as users wish to submit to the database but it can be awkward sometimes if someone has made a type which sort of encompasses all. Only the one Comet is on the database as yet as that's all I submitted. Once FlyNET gets fares and or revenue factors sorted we'll be able to add more aircraft variants which are currently marginal to operate profitably.

Regards

John

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi John

So basically that's sorted now bar the actual getting it requested.

Glad ti see the 4so is there :)

Pity Flynet does not allow these old aeroplanes to fly arround without their landing lights down :-(

Garry
Garry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Pity Flynet does not allow these old aeroplanes to fly arround without their landing lights down :-(
Well.. it does mate. You have to have them on below 1000ft (in the air) and off above 10000ft. The problem some of the older types have is that you have to climb like stink to avoid having the lamps ripped off/pushed back as they needed to be in at quite low airspeeds. The consolation I have flying types like the Vanguard is that the lamps automatically retract with the landing gear (part of the same animation) so in theory.. I'm not putting the lamp mech at risk ;-) IRL.. the landing gear lamps would be up and off with the landing gear but this is a quirk we have to live with using FlyNET. There aren't many so it's a small price to pay really ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

There are so many props I could think of but so far so good!
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

RAF_Quantum wrote:I added the B707-420 yesterday as there wasn't one on the database. FlyNET will allow as many variants as users wish to submit to the database but it can be awkward sometimes if someone has made a type which sort of encompasses all. Only the one Comet is on the database as yet as that's all I submitted. Once FlyNET gets fares and or revenue factors sorted we'll be able to add more aircraft variants which are currently marginal to operate profitably.
Actually John, might want to double check the database. There's at least 2 Comet versions because I added the Comet 4C for Venture a few weeks ago so we could start operating them from Mexico. :)

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Nice going gents

You may as well add the Tinmouse 737-200 (Britannia not only introduced the type to the UK in 1968 but also
operaated the largest fleet in Europe_

and the Vista 727-100 (Dan Air introduced this type to the UK register in 1971)

and last but not least the DC8-55F operated by both IAS and TMAC (IAS also was the first to register the DC8 in the UK)

of course when a certain person gets around to it - there will also be the Britannia's larger Canadian offspring ;)

Just a thought

I would have said The Maddog as well - but seeing as my real world company operates almost fifty its difficult to
see them as "Classic" :cool:

Leif

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Wasn't Britannia a launch customer for the 200???

Big Canadian Brits are on the list above :)

Garry
Garry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Both the 727 and 737 are on the list but the later (especially that) is the one I mentioned above. We don't want our particular world infested with 73's if at all possible but yes, Britannia is a candidate in limited numbers and likewise, Dan Dare for the 72 ;-)

Don't suppose you have any route info Leif given your connection with Luton?? :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!