blip in DM's stats page..?

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomb
Comet
Comet

blip in DM's stats page..?

Post by Tomb »

i seem to have a lot of "?" against the wessex flights...the longer fly out or back to a rig for some reason...the rig to rig hops seem fine...

any takers... the flights are fine in flynet

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: blip in DM's stats page..?

Post by DaveB »

Hi Bob..

Which page are you looking at?? I've just checked the Wessex flights on the Stats pages and they look fine :dunno:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

select under statistics, WESSX and bob Jones...thier are 8 flights with an ?

these flights are also missing of the routes page and aircraft stats page (because they have an ?), also notice in the aircraft sumary i have done 30 WESSEX flights but only 22 are counted on the aircraft stats page (again because they have an ?)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Bob..

I thought I'd looked there but obviously not! :roll: Dunno if John can throw any light onto it but as far as DM's stats go.. the man himself is on holiday at the mo :think:

ATB

ImageImage

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Morning All,

Just to add my ten pennorth, I have just looked at my flights on the same page and see that I have a '?' against both of my
Comet 4 flights between Entebbe and victoria Falls (out and Rtn).

I can't see any reason why, fuel and time taken appear OK.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Andy
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

I can't remember what criteria DM made to trigger the '?' to appear but it is just a 'local' CBFS stats thing and nothing to do with FSAirlines so no need to worry unduly.

Regards

John

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Thanks John
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Sorry folks, I'd missed this post completely.

The '?' can appear automatically on our database when the flight report gets imported from FSA.
It means the fuel use is well outside the average performance for that aircraft type.
That usually indicates a problem with the data on the FSA flight report and they do get seriously screwed up sometimes.

Recently there's been quite a few oddities with the times on FSA. Start times wrongly set as 00:00 and many of Andy's Comet 4 flights having non-matching duration/hours values.
Some other times it's just because the route is short (WESX, B170), which can give a wider percentage gap between fuel burn figures. Or different models being used or even differing flying styles.

When a '?' crops up I always check it out and remove the '?' if I can. If there's something clearly wrong I'll correct the data if possible.
If it's a total mess, the '?' stays there permanently and that then stops any screwed flight reports from affecting the averages for the aircraft type.

DM
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that DM :thumbsup:

I've been keeping a close eye on fuel since v1.8 and it seems to have been pretty stable. 1 flight (Rapide) showed 1kg less at TD than it did when I ended the flight which I queried with John (worried about it being flagged as a cheat!) but it seems 1kg is neither here nor there. This was nowt to do with the stats page anyway :lol: Again, unrelated to stats.. I made a flight in the HP70 from SSted to Liverpool the week before last and noticed when checking the figures at FSA that it'd only given me 4 pax instead of 10. I checked back at SSted and the pax figure was low-ish so I guess it must average them out between the airlines present. What it HAD done to compensate was give me more cargo (more than I've ever carried!) so one can't complain ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

i had an unintended cargo flight in an A300 since John had made a slight error in the pricing so no one got aboard, i did however get filled with a lot of cargo, good job the wide body airbusses are designed to be flown that way.